4 hi or 4 lo?

twinmega06

master debater
i have tried pulling in 2nd gear hi range a couple times lately and have a better distance than in 4th low but have had a couple people tell me its alot harder on the transmission . any truth to this? any input is appreciated.

I am not a expert maybe others will help. I was always told to use the low side of the t-case because it is easier on the drivetrain. Ive always used 4lo-4th

twinmega06 said:
i have tried pulling in 2nd gear hi range a couple times lately and have a better distance than in 4th low but have had a couple people tell me its alot harder on the transmission . any truth to this? any input is appreciated.

I would use the low side of the transter case if possible. But by going with the mods in your sig, give it hell in 4-high. Looks like ya got the money if it breaks!!

Is it still a g56 trans? if so id be leary on using high side,

Yeah I think there is some truth in it. I don't think you'll that you'll hurt anything unless your pulling 20 times a year.

i tried 5th low once and it was too high . had alot better pull in 2nd high. pull about 15 times a year and it is a g56.

With the 37 inch tires you might be better off in 4th low.
However if you switch to 33's (which I advise for pulling) then you will be able to run 2nd high no problem.

What pulls are you doing with twins?? It must be some brush pulls or your running in a big class. I would have to agree with Justin. Put some littler tires on that thing and pull 2nd high. You might even be able to get by with 5th low on a light sled.

most of the pulls weve been to have been local pulls. i just got the twins put on a couple months ago. the truck is towing daily

I wish i had low range wait until u gotta replace a couple torque converters from pulling high range they get a little pricey.

duramaxin14 said:
I wish i had low range wait until u gotta replace a couple torque converters from pulling high range they get a little pricey.

Twinmega won't have many problems with torque converters ;)

Back