400-450hp

big blue diesel

hey, what else would i have to do to get my truck to make around 400-450 h.p.. As of right now i have a T.S. performance chip that i am going to send out to get re-burned by tony wildman. I also have an afe intake, 6inch stacks and stanges one injectors with stock nozzles. all help is appreciated

put a 12 valve in it with a 215 pump and grind a zero plate :hehe:

the cost to get 450 hp outta that would prolly cost the same as swapping a cummins in anywho so why not? :poke:

What year is the motor? Helps to know if it has PMR's or forged rods. PMR's have a "safe" limit of around 400hp.

Either way, hybrid injectors and a 38r will get you there.

what years did the powdered metal rods come in? im lookin at a 97 f350

As long as that truck has an OBS motor in it your are fine. Here is some info;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a frequent question on the forums and short of looking for yourself through the inspection port, it was hard to know for sure because apparently some later engines had forged rods after the initial introduction of PMR. I found this recent message on the Hypermax site re:forged rods.

Quote:
Here is the engine serial number break down for the forged and powdered connecting rods. Check you engine serial number on the valve cover build sticker or you need to look at the block where the oil cooler is bolted to it .
Start of production thru 1425746 are Forged Rods
1425747 thru 1440712 are Powdered Rods
1446713 thru 1498318 are Forged Rods
1498319 thru final production run are all powdered
Or you can break them then you know what you have-Ha Ha-Just kidding
The reason for the break in serial numbers is a "test" run to be sure there were not any issues with the powdered rods. Once the process was production tested the powered rod process was used until the end of production.

Here are some pics to show you how to look through the inspection cover and what you are looking for. Hope it helps.

7.3 Inspection Hole for Powdered Metal Rod Determination

sorry if this is a stupid question.. but what does OBS mean? ive always had cummins. most ive ever messed with a PS is putting an exhaust and guages in a guys truck.

Old Body Style. The style of Ford F250 -F450 pre 99. No such thing as stupid question sir.

gotcha. powerstrokes are a new thing for me.. sorry. lemme know what ya think about this build
I have a 1997 4x4 f350 with 160000miles. put new bearings in bottom end when i put all the performance stuff on. great looking truck. it's white with chrome rockers.33 12.50 mt's, and 6in turnouts. great running street truck with about every mod you can do to a ford diesel without going extreme. approx 500hp truck. the mods are as follows:

engine:
250cc hybrid injectors
gen3 HPOP
full aeromotive fuel system
garrett Ball bearing charger- 38r
ts performance 140hp 6stage custom tuned chip
arp head studs
electrics fans
alcohol injection systems water/meth injection
2003 stock powerstroke intercooler mod. with S.S. tubes
map sensor boost overide

transmission:
fully billet built by bowler transmissions
has the best parts available for the e4od auto trans and triple disc converter
fresh rebuild

other:
reese hitch
4:10s with warn front lockouts
traction bars
rear bump stop blocks
pioneer cd player
toolbox

Nice setup. It may be a little lite on air with that 38r and 250 injectors, 38r tends to run pretty high backpressure at that hp range.

Do you know whose injectors and tunning?

Congrats on the new purchase!

Chaz-im assuming that was you that went by like 3 times when i was workin my hayfield yesterday... white psd with stacks?

big blue--- if your in knightstown, your not looking that hard. ive got a 24 valve minus the pump that just needs its guts put into a new block.... its cheap and im tired of looking at it.

yea i turned towards sulpher then decided to turn around cause the roads smoother going the other way and i wanted to see what she had at full tilt.

swamps 200cc hybrids with 30% nozzles
a regulated return fuel system
and a moded 66mm h2e will put ya just over 400 on dunbars dyno

Travis

Beans stage 2's with a d66 and a homemade fuel system would put you right in that range and be fairly cheap considering the alternatives.
Bryan

Back