47 RH / RE compatibility.

ahale2772

So I put myself in a pickle...

I had always assumed an RH case is the same as an RE case.... wrong.... I was building a trans out of spare parts (basically a full manual 47re), with a full manual RE valvebody, and picked an RH case out of my pile of parts (mostly because it did not need much cleaning). its now built to the point that all I need to do is throw the VB in.

as far as I can tell, the only difference is the hole for the electronics plug. (RE case has a larger diameter hole)... and the OD piston housing has blocked holes where the RH gov lines would go.

anywaysss... I'd love to just splice an RH electronics plug on the OD/lock solenoid since all it will be controling is od and lock (since its full manual)... good idea? or just clean another case and build it all over again? are there other case differences that I'm missing?

i think that the rh case is different in the tail housing i could be wrong. But i bought a re billet output cause it was a deal and i found out it wouldn't work.

So I put myself in a pickle...

I had always assumed an RH case is the same as an RE case.... wrong.... I was building a trans out of spare parts (basically a full manual 47re), with a full manual RE valvebody, and picked an RH case out of my pile of parts (mostly because it did not need much cleaning). its now built to the point that all I need to do is throw the VB in.

as far as I can tell, the only difference is the hole for the electronics plug. (RE case has a larger diameter hole)... and the OD piston housing has blocked holes where the RH gov lines would go.

anywaysss... I'd love to just splice an RH electronics plug on the OD/lock solenoid since all it will be controling is od and lock (since its full manual)... good idea? or just clean another case and build it all over again? are there other case differences that I'm missing?

I think I've heard of someone making a bushing for the e-plug, not sure on the rest.

I would compare the feed holes from vb to case and if they are the same you should be fine.

I'm going the wrong way though, larger Re plug in the smaller hole of the RH case, i'd have to drill the case.

I'm going to wait to here from the valve-body builder (Lavon), hopefully i can just splice a RH plug on.

I think splicing the RH plug in would be easiest, drilling the hole sounds like a PITA. Anyway, the VB passages are the same, I used a 47re case with a RH VB, now I'm using a 48re case with the RH VB, all I had to do was put a bushing in the connector hole.

I think splicing the RH plug in would be easiest, drilling the hole sounds like a PITA. Anyway, the VB passages are the same, I used a 47re case with a RH VB, now I'm using a 48re case with the RH VB, all I had to do was put a bushing in the connector hole.

Yeah I figured it should work, just don't know if there is anything that still needs power other than the OD/lock noid in this VB.

Yeah I figured it should work, just don't know if there is anything that still needs power other than the OD/lock noid in this VB.

No, there isnt. In the full manual vb's the gov pressure sensor and transducer no longer do anything.

Just swap electronics like Hobie said. I've gone the other way since I built a RH in a RE case.

Back