475 on a 12V

Tried one years ago on my 94 drag truck. Ran well. Went to a 80mm after that.

Ive got one I picked up off of here the other day from another member. Basicly brand new BD trackmaster 75/87 planning to try it on the farmtruck later in the year when we get a break from working on the prostreet truck.

I've got a bullseye batmo 475/87 on my 12v. BIG cam helps along with tube runner intake and heavily ported head. Had to have a much looser stall converter with manual VB to keep shifts higher in the rpm. It's OK on the street if you baby it and pay attention to rpm at all times.

I drive one on the street but it's a billet wheel with an 83 exducer and a 1.0 housing. It spools fast and makes awesome power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim, you building a race truck again? I remember you telling me that running bigger than a 66 on a daily driver was stupid, so you must be building a race truck, right? We need pictures.

I have a 475 with a billet wheel 1.10 housing 360 thrust bearing and I bought it brand spankin new for about half that price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a bullseye batmo 475/87 on my 12v. BIG cam helps along with tube runner intake and heavily ported head. Had to have a much looser stall converter with manual VB to keep shifts higher in the rpm. It's OK on the street if you baby it and pay attention to rpm at all times.

same here I had a 72 on mine and have to stay up in the rpms
I am now running a 68/83/.90

Jim.. a ball bearing gt4202r might be a found cheaply enough, and would be very effective on spool up

Jim, you building a race truck again? I remember you telling me that running bigger than a 66 on a daily driver was stupid, so you must be building a race truck, right? We need pictures.

Just thinking buddy, the 66 billet wheel that industrial rebuilt for me drives like a dream, it along with a fletcher cam, so of course I was thinking bigger. There's a lot of other things that need to be done prior to a turbo change, but I have a ported T-4 manifold already, collecting dust.

I had to get rid of the twins as the 40's thrust bearing was out when I tore it down, robbed the Silver 66 off the 98' and it worked for a while before the thrust started going out.

Can't get too crazy as the truck has a DTT 91 converter in it, but I know this guy Phil that can fix that too.

Jim

Just thinking buddy, the 66 billet wheel that industrial rebuilt for me drives like a dream, it along with a fletcher cam, so of course I was thinking bigger. There's a lot of other things that need to be done prior to a turbo change, but I have a ported T-4 manifold already, collecting dust.

I had to get rid of the twins as the 40's thrust bearing was out when I tore it down, robbed the Silver 66 off the 98' and it worked for a while before the thrust started going out.

Can't get too crazy as the truck has a DTT 91 converter in it, but I know this guy Phil that can fix that too.

Jim

What did you do with those twins? I am looking for an old school cheap set that needs rebuild.

Back