47re 3-4 shift issue

duck_04

resident quack
I did a stock rebuild on a 4wd 47re in a 2001 model truck for a friend of mine. The valve body was disassembled and cleaned, and all new electronics and harness installed. The valve body is stockish with only noticeable mods being a shimmed 3-4 accumulator piston, a modified switching valve in the upper valve body plate, and the number 9 check ball was removed. Since the build, I have good shifts in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd with good lockup. The issue is that it will not shift into overdrive unless I completely lift off of the throttle. I was having a bad 3-4 shuttle shift once I got it to shift, then I installed a noise filter on the apps and fixed that problem. The apps is new(bought from eBay by the owner) and seems to be working correctly. I've changed the OSS with a known good one from my truck, and had a scanner on it watching the tcc solenoid and 3-4 shift solenoid. The converter locks when it is commanded, and it shifts into 4th when commanded, but it isn't commanded until I lift almost completely off of the throttle. Is it possible the apps is bad? It has good idle voltage and WOT voltage seems to accelerate smoothly with no hiccups or dead pedal symptoms. This guy is trying to sell this truck and this small issue is the only thing holding that up.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422333577623.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422333577623.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 0
I will also add that governor pressure was where it was supposed to be. Another small issue popped up last night. I checked the codes with the key cycle method and came up with these: P0122, P0463, P1694, and P1693. I don't have a scanner at home, but cleared the codes with a superchips programmer that is on the truck. Afterwards, when he left my house for the night, he sent me a text saying that the truck will not take fuel properly. Apparently even at WOT it's responding as if it's only at about 1/2 throttle.

Curious. I have to lift off mine to hit OD. I haven't gotten to check pressures yet

does this 47re have a TB cable?

i would lean twords APPS.
i would ask the mopar man for further details.

Ended up being the APPS. I stole the timbo off of my truck and put on it. Shifts great now.

Back