47re cooler options.

coldsmoke

freezing
been reasearching this topic alot cant seam to find what iam looking for and need some help. drag toy truck that never even sees the road . track only.what kinda of tranny cooler set ups seam to work the best. i just want to run 1 electric fan cooler mounted in the bed and line routing would be a breeze with this set up.is this going to be enough? or should i run a front mounted cooler along with the aux cooler in the bed.any help from people running similar setups for racing would be appreciated thanks

I myself and I know of a few others running just a bd double stack under the bed with no issues.. Ive never even seen over 180 at the end of a run..

I like using 2 derale 15800's because they're cheap and work well. Next set I'd like to try the atomic 15850's though.

bar and fin is the only way to go, with a high psi transmission tube/fin design is no good.

Much cheaper to just relocate the factory exchanger or use the factory exchanger with a better external cooler. If its a drag truck the factory exchanger will help things get up to temp quicker and assist in keeping things at optimum temp. Just my two cents.

I have to agree with relocating the stock heat exchanger it is a great design and I have heard to many complaints about many of the aftermarket coolers unless you break out some coin.

Back