47RE Manual Valvebody

Sun Coast, 4 years, no issues.

Edit: OD and lock up are on switches.

Sun Coast, 4 years, no issues.

Edit: OD and lock up are on switches.

Darren did my valvebody and I am extremely happy with it. I just want it to be fully manual. I already have switches for LU and OD.

Sent from my paperweight

If you want it to be fully manual then you need a different V/B.

A Manual valve body basically eliminates the Govenor. You can still use your own valve body but might need a new separator plate.

A Manual valve body basically eliminates the Govenor. You can still use your own valve body but might need a new separator plate.

10-4. I would assume this kit comes with all the necessary pieces, but I couldn't see a description of all contents

Sent from my paperweight

You could, but I've never known anyone to try it. Most people who spend 4-5K on a trans aren't willing to mess with it. Talk to Darren about it.

10-4. I would assume this kit comes with all the necessary pieces, but I couldn't see a description of all contents

Sent from my paperweight

Id sell the one you have done up now and get for a stocker and go to town. Then you can save a little money yet someone gets a good valvebody.

lavon set up my FMVB. I love it. It will hang 2-3 shift every now and then, but I also have my TV cable ziptied and it probably needs backed off a bit more that 1/8th from full throttle. Thats the only issue I ever have. so much fun to drive though.

The part number for the transgo kit is TF OD3, Ive had mine full manual for three years and its been great. More recently built it for manual second gear lockup and Its a blast to drive allover again!

I need to go ahead and pull the trigger on it. I'm still deciding on a shifter tho. I'm leaning towards the Cheetah SCS.

Sent from my paperweight

lavon set up my FMVB. I love it. It will hang 2-3 shift every now and then, but I also have my TV cable ziptied and it probably needs backed off a bit more that 1/8th from full throttle. Thats the only issue I ever have. so much fun to drive though.

I have this issue as well, with a goerend manual vb. I have the tv cable cable tied all the way back as well, tried leaving it loose and it would flare bad on the 2-3 shift. It shifts good n firm with the tv tied wot just has a delay when shifting. It's a bit annoying but I've gotten used to it lol.

Sent from phone

My 98 did the same thing with the TV valve bottomed out, I backed it off were it had just a tad bit of room and it stopped it also did not change anything else!

Jim

I have it about 1/8th from all the way. it may need just a touch more. I guess my post is hard to read per my wording....

I have it about 1/8th from all the way. it may need just a touch more. I guess my post is hard to read per my wording....

That is were mine was set at, what about voltage if you have an adjustable voltage regulator? Mine never liked being higher than 4.85 volts, 4.75 it wasn't an issue. I fought it for a little bit to find the perfect balance between non 2-3 shift hang and as high as possible light throttle shifts using a DTT 91 converter that is tight (power break at 1800....10psi will turn the tires over)

Jim

I'm wanting to do a RH or a RE with FMVB also just don't know how I would like it I already have a 5 speed I'm trying to get away from shifting. How do y'all like the FMVB? RH is very had to come by also.

Back