47RE odd shift

B-Cummin

I recently put the tfod-diesel in my 47re, trans worked perfect before shift kit, trans worked great after install. Been about a month of just normal driving, pulled camper a few weekends fine also. A few days ago, on the 1-2 shift it started acting like it shifts again. Feels like it shifts from 1st to 3rd then with a little more throttle pressure, shifts back to second. There's still no signs of slipping, once its past the hiccup, it holds solid. Trans is stock other than shift kit and bullet strut and anchor. Any advice on how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

could be a number of things but have you considered the Governor pressure solenoid to be problematic? is it more so no light throttle or dies it matter?

i have had similar issues in both my 47 and 48re trucks. both times it was the G.P.S.

on the other hand i am NOT a VB expert and i normally leave that to my trans builder, maybe some one else could chime in, i wonder if a TV cable adjustment is needed?

Light to moderate throttle, not sure on WOT, I've been driving like granny since I noticed it. The TV cable wasn't moved or adjusted after shift kit install. I just disconnected it then put it back on the way it came off.

Update to my odd 1-2, it always happens after the shift, works great after. Also happens at 14-15-16mph regardless of throttle position. Not 100% sure on moderately to heavy throttle, as I don't want to cause any considerable damage.

STill have the factory gov pressure solenoid? They really dont like added line pressure from my experience

Stock gov solenoid and pressure sensor, I adjusted bands as shift kit instructions said, but ill check again. As for gov sol and sensor, what the likely hood of both being bad vs just solenoid?

Try adjusting TV cable. Should hit 2nd gear around 10 mph. GPS still is something worth looking into as well. For the price of the bigger Borg Warner sensor I'd switch it out. My .02

It hits second close to 10, the shuttle/odd repeat shift feel is very close to the 15 mph mark consistently. Is the bigger solenoid a direct replacement of the factory one?

Dumb question but you adjusted the bands in inch lbs not ft pounds correct? Just making sure, if the band is too tight it will shutter also

Back