47RE pan gasket: Problem solved?

what I found that helps.. if the mating surface on the trans housing is not flat.. you can use a marble threshold from lowes . they have one that's 36"x2" wrap some fine sand paper around it and sand it you will find your low and high spots. if you having problems with the magtec pans you could sand it to

The hard plastic gasket in my ats trans with their pan with no problems and have removed and installed with no leaks multiple times, I think they work great cause they are easy to get in place and align the bolt holes as well.

Mopar ATF RTV is the best if you go the rtv route. You sure its the pan leaking and not the other few places you cant seem to keep a RWD Chrysler trans from leaking?

I've used the same reusable plastic gasket from napa for a lonnnnggg time, probably pulled the pan 20 or so times with the same gasket.

its a hard plastic gasket with an oring inbedded in it.

Part number or what year of trucks?

If that gasket leaks it is a pan issue. I reuse them all the time. Actually have several new ones.

Part number or what year of trucks?

I went to the Dodge shop about 3 months ago, gave them my vin number and the parts guy walked out with the hard plastic gasket. He told me the hard plastic gasket was a Mopar upgrade.

I had a leak around my pan with the flexible rubber style gasket, decided to change out the transducer, pressure solenoid, and filter. Mopar gave me the hard plastic gasket, I used a small layer of red silicone on both the tans flange and the pan flange and I still have a leak around the pan. Not super impress with the hard plastic gasket, but it was much easier to used than a cork gasket or a rubber gasket that flops around all willy nilly.

Is this the napa gasket y'all are talking about? It's a hard plastic with rubber coating. It better work good for $43.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381283440.757480.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Is this the napa gasket y'all are talking about? It's a hard plastic with rubber coating. It better work good for $43.

View attachment 46782

Sent from my iPhone 4s

I tried a few different ones like that and still have a slight leak. Called mag-hytec and found out their pan isn't suppose to be usable with that gasket. I used their recommended gasket and it worked fine.. For a couple weeks.

Ryan

On the dodge pan there is a PN for a reusable gasket, Got one on the car, with a stock pan, and it works great.

I tried a few different ones like that and still have a slight leak. Called mag-hytec and found out their pan isn't suppose to be usable with that gasket. I used their recommended gasket and it worked fine.. For a couple weeks.

Ryan

They recommend cork or ??

I ordered two plastic ones with the rubber lips, came broken both times from ebay. I'm trying that 'transmission parts USA' this time around... I'll let you guys know how it works.

Back