47re PCS controller problems

Stuffy

First Gen
I put a 47re with a suncoast standalone valve body and pcs controller in my first gen. When I put it in gear it stalled. I tried reverse and it works normal. With the harness unplugged from the trans it stays in first and doesn't lock up. So I plugged it back in and cut the lockup control wire and went for a drive. It grabs overdrive right away unless I manually shift it. When I put the shifter from first into second it hits third for a couple seconds then goes back to first. Push it to third and it shifts to overdrive right away. Tried changing everything I could on the computer and could not make it change. Is there some way to fix it without sending it back? Just wondering if I missed something obvious.

You can check to see what the PCS is seeing for temp. And what the lockup parameters are. If it thinks the trans is overheating they can act goofy. You can always record a data log and send it to PCS tech department and they will modify it and send it back for you to test (all through email) or you could have them send you a base tune if you don't know exactly where to start.

Now my computer won't find the tcu. I wiggled wires checked connections tried a different computer. Last week it hooked up just fine. Could the serial end be bad?

Back