47rh band adjustment + fluid change = weird shifts

kawi600

got Coal for Christmas
Did the trans service on my truck the other day since I was installing a remote cooler. Used the power driven diesel ATF since I had a box on hand.
front band 2 turns out rear band 2.5 turns out. Just seems like at lower RPM it wants to downshift too soon. Guessing this is the change in fluid viscosity? I didnt monkey with the TV lever except to push it out of the way to get a wrench on the adjuster.
Seen a couple sites saying the front band was 2 7/8 turns out??? Which one is correct?
Hoping I didnt screw something up!

What tranny is it? Stock or built?

Stock 47RE front band adjustment is tighten to 72 INCH pounds and back off 1-7/8 turns. Rear is same torque and back off 3 turns.

With a Goerend VB, front backs off 2-1/4 turns and the rear 3-1/4 turns.

47RH. Its got a DTT valve body. no idea what apply ratio is in there. Had it built up by a local guy that used to be a DTT shop.
Took it out for a spin just now and it pulls real nice and the shift problems arent noticeable. Maybe I had air in the system somewhere.
Got 80k on that trans and pretty impressed at how the fluid looked.

Exchanged some emails with the builder and hes wanting me to use a 1/4" feeler gauge to set the lash on the apply levers. No idea what ratios are on the arms or what type of band material used, but it explains the weird shifts since the measurements were WAY out with the # of turns out the book had me use. FYI

Yeah every builder has differant specs on how the like it setup. All depends on servo/spring/vb/and band. Lots of variables

Back