47RH/E Manual Valve Body

1972RedNeck

Looking for another diesel farm pickup. High mile 4X4 12 valves with bad automatics and clean bodies can be picked up in this part fo the world for pretty cheap. The problem is, I don't really like automatics. It's not that there is anything wrong with them, I just like shifting gears and I want it to shift when I want it to shift, not when it feels like it.

So what can you tell me about manual valve bodies for daily drivers that tow a fair load every now and then? I don't think I would want constant full pressure, correct?

Can I get one with a reversed shift pattern and an actual overdrive selection, instead of electric overdrive control? I assume lockup is still electronically controlled?

What are the downsides? Are there any if I like shifting gears?

If you want overdrive on the manual valve call CRT John Corp builds one, billet transbrake reverse manual and eliminates electronic control of overdrive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know GotSmoke went to a MVB on his DD/Tow Pig and then went back, or at least he wanted to. Not sure if he ever did.

Subscribed. Looking to go FMVB with my dd as well.

Granby Truck Shop has a real nice B&M ratchet shifter with lockup and OD in the handle.

Muldoons has a rfmvb, find it on youtube. I already bought the tfod3 fmvb kit, haven't tried it.

I've had a FMVB for 2 years now, and shifted my loose factory transmission manually for 3 years before that (it drove better being that it was all worn out) and this is my only vehicle.

I wouldn't go back. It's always in the gear that I want it. Mountain roads are a dream like they were when I was driving a manual transmission.

I daily a constant pressure fmvb the shifter makes all the difference. I’d recommend a turbo action cheetah. I’ve tried ratchet shifters and it got old quick. It’s always in the gear you want and if you mount the shifter we’re it’s comfortable I don’t even move my arm off the console.

I daily a constant pressure fmvb the shifter makes all the difference. I’d recommend a turbo action cheetah. I’ve tried ratchet shifters and it got old quick. It’s always in the gear you want and if you mount the shifter we’re it’s comfortable I don’t even move my arm off the console.

Can you get a full manual valve body that retains use of the TV cable so it will shift softer at low RPM and load?

If you want overdrive on the manual valve call CRT John Corp builds one, billet transbrake reverse manual and eliminates electronic control of overdrive

Have a phone number? I Googled but didn't find much...

Back