47rh issue with new cooler lines installed

04fummins

Hello all,
Its been awhile. crazy busy with wind farms.
I have been running around the last 2 years in my Fummins with my cobbled together transmission cooling lines, very leaky. So this past weekend I replaced all the lines with nice braided -6 AN lines and new cooler. well after I was completed the truck no longer has reverse and it acts like the torque converter is locked up when I am idling in drive. :bang

Anyone have any ideas what might be happening? I can see the no reverse probably because it is low on fluid as about 1.5 quarts was lost to the repaired lines and the amount to now fill the new lines and cooler but why is it dying while idling in drive?

Thanks for the help.

Fill it back up with fluid first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you using to control tcc & od?

I am just using toggle switches for the time. I will eventually add pressure switches and let them do the work but the toggles work well. haven't driven it much because of the leaking lines just been using it around the ranch and taking the garbage to the road.

Sure you didn't bump the harness?

That thought did cross my mind but it does not act like the TC is locked up at first it takes a few seconds. it idles for a few seconds then it bogs down, I just bump it into N so it doesn't die. But it really could be the harness because I did have to move the wires a fair amount to get the new fitting on.

Fill it back up with fluid first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah I added fluid but I only had a quart so that might be it. I am not driving it just sitting in the driveway testing it out. total run time about 2 minutes, wanted to give it a chance to fill the lines.

Back