47rh questions

jktcummins

24v GOD!!!! HAHAHA
Ok I just bought a 95 with an auto. It has not been wanting to lock converter or **** into OD. I found that apparently the wires have been torn out and are patched together. There is also a temp sensor just wire tied to the frame. First off where does the temp sensor go in the trans. I haven't been able to find a hole for it. Second the lockup and converter plug has bare wire and is pretty tore up where do I find one or does anyone have on? Next the other sensor that is right infront of the back oil line that has 3 wires what is it and what does it do. It is bare and tore up as well. My guess is it is the neutral and back up light safety sensor. Where can I find a connector for it.

I have found the harnesses at junk yards for cheap.

The temp sensor needs to read the fluid temp(or think it is) or it will cause you problems. It is in a hard line from the factory so if the lines have been replaced then thats likely your problem. I just used a 5k ohm resister in place of the sensor on my 94 and it works great.

The other plug is the neutral and reverse sensor like you thought

Well I had already robbed a 5ohm resistor from some junk electrical stuff but I was just hesitant to do anything to it until I asked around. I may just pull the old harness off and see if I patch it up. I haven't had any luck finding one from a wrecking yard.

The repair pigtail for OD/LU is Dodge part number 05013933AA, Neutral Safety/Back Up repair pigtail is 4085383.

Back