48 trans problem

FireMed

Clown Puncher
I had to pull out my gooseneck the other day in the rain. Long story short, I had to do the back and forward thing 4 or 5 times.

Now the trans is hanging up in the 1st to 2nd shift. If I get on it normally then it hunts between 1st and 2nd. If I get on it then it hangs around 3200rpm for a few seconds then shifts. Its just doing it in the 1st and 2nd gears and shifts normal through the other gears.

Think it might be the gov sol?

Most likely the gov solenoid, might just have the screen clogged from debris. I'd plan on just installing a new one.

Lavon

Interesting problem now. I was going to change the solenoid with the dnj one but had to go to Cleveland today. So when I parked it it was all fine. I had to park on the side of the driveway. When I pulled it in the drive for the night u don't have park now.... What would cause that.

I went under and made sure it was pushed all the way and it still didn't have anything.

The band strut could have fallen off and got jamed in the park rod, I have seen this happen with the band gets too loose. I would say with your other issues you do not have second gear, because of band falling off. Pull pan and valve body and check it out.

The first issue happened when I went from reverse to forward a few times to get a trailer out. It wasn't to bad if I let off the pedal then got back into it slowly.

I'm in Cleveland now, 5 hours away. When I parked the truck it was normal. I just had to park on the side of the driveway. But when I went to pull it into the driveway for the night that's when I didn't have park. I haven't driven it yet to see about second gear. I guess the strut could of fallen off when I parked it.

Interesting.... Went back out and now have park....stupid thing. Guess ill be looking over the cable adjustment

Back