488/920

ctdiesel99

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Finally got my truck on the dyno today for a tune. Truck is an 06 Dodge w/ built Firepunk Diesel trans, 5" exhaust, Airdog 150 and stock everything else down to the airbox.
Stock tune made 299, 301.7, 301.9

2 Hours Later it is at 488hp/920ft/lbs of torque, with 2 more pulls to back up the numbers.

Rail pressure was starting to drop off so it might be time for a better cp3, but I'm extremely happy with it so far. Little to no smoke and drives like a dream.

Stock dyno vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgXrOvV9zjE&feature=youtu.be

488hp dyno vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdpQGGWli1s&feature=youtu.be

swapped in a batmo wheel drop in replacement and gained 10hp, we're 2hp shy of the 500hp mark

Damn, so 188hp gain with tuning.. I like the sound of that!
Nice numbers sir.

For the complete swap out?
Or for you guys to do the swap on someones stocker?
That is for the batmo drop in replacement wheel alone. We just swapped it into my stock charger. Took about 15 minutes on a piping hot engine.

Damn, so 188hp gain with tuning.. I like the sound of that!
Nice numbers sir.

Thank you! I'm impressed/excited about the gains for sure. If we had more time on the dyno, we feel 500 would have been made even with the dropping rail pressure.
Truck doesn't smoke hardly any, and the trans from Lavon put's it all to the ground without a hiccup. I'm happy.

How much boost were you pushing out of the He351 stock vs batmo?

I bet a bag off parts will get you there pretty easy.. How was lift pump pressure? Regardless, as stock as the truck is, impressive indeed!

How much boost were you pushing out of the He351 stock vs batmo?
Boost during the stock tuning runs was 28-30.
With EFI Live in the mix it's at 40-42
Can't remember what the boost difference was between efi and stock turbo vs. efi and batmo drop in, but it is a couple psi difference. With the batmo in, egt's don't jump as quickly as they did with the stock turbo, but peak overall EGT is pretty close to the same.

I bet a bag off parts will get you there pretty easy.. How was lift pump pressure? Regardless, as stock as the truck is, impressive indeed!

It's got an airdog on it, so lift pressure isn't an issue. Don't have a gauge on it though to verify an actual pressure.
I've got an Arson III kit sitting on my desk, but the plan for this truck is 700+hp so I think I'll save my time and money and just get a larger pump altogether, but i do agree with you it would make a good difference.

You could do an evil twin kit with a good used stock pump for close to the same money as a large single...

You could do an evil twin kit with a good used stock pump for close to the same money as a large single...

My whole plan all along was to run dual stockers, but now the fact i'll have to buy 2 new pumps instead of 1 kind of keeps me away from that idea. Still in the back of my head though, haven't made a decision yet.

Back