488/920

1 built pump will support 700 hp no problem, so why do you need 2?

Last edited:
Great informative thread! Awesome EFI Live related news yet again! Also, some decent Batmowheel news/info.

Keep up the awesome work guys!

1 built pump will support 700 hp no problem, so why do you need 2?
Redundancy is always nice to have.

Also, two pumps splitting the job of one pump is a lot easier on parts (a lot less strain) then one modded pump trying to do the job alone right? Someone please correct me if I am misguided, thank you.

A modded CP3s life expectancy is lower than a stock CP3s life expectancy right? And the more extreme a single CP3 is modded the lower it's life expectancy is right? So two stock CP3s working together should last much longer (in theory) than one modded CP3 right? And when running dual CP3s if one CP3 fails, then the remaining CP3 can at least keep the engine running right? Again, correct me if I am wrong, thank you!

Yes and the life expectancy is also lower on a modded engine as well. No doubt 2 are better than 1, but not necessary.

Last edited:
Sounds good Eric I picked up a 80mm batmorewheel after ts from a friend looking forward to installing it soon

Great informative thread! Awesome EFI Live related news yet again! Also, some decent Batmowheel news/info.

Keep up the awesome work guys!

Redundancy is always nice to have.

Also, two pumps splitting the job of one pump is a lot easier on parts (a lot less strain) then one modded pump trying to do the job alone right? Someone please correct me if I am misguided, thank you.

A modded CP3s life expectancy is lower than a stock CP3s life expectancy right? And the more extreme a single CP3 is modded the lower it's life expectancy is right? So two stock CP3s working together should last much longer (in theory) than one modded CP3 right? And when running dual CP3s if one CP3 fails, then the remaining CP3 can at least keep the engine running right? Again, correct me if I am wrong, thank you!
Yup, you hit the nail on the head as to why I want to run twin pumps. And when you look at the cost of a modded cp3 compared to twin stockers, they're right there next to each other.

I was under the impression that even if you went with dual cp3's, you would need 1 built 1 and one stock one. that 2 stock ones would only give more volume, not necessarily more pressure. not meaning to steal your thread Eric, just trying to learn.

I was under the impression that even if you went with dual cp3's, you would need 1 built 1 and one stock one. that 2 stock ones would only give more volume, not necessarily more pressure. not meaning to steal your thread Eric, just trying to learn.

Nope, 2 stock will work great. I would stay with stock pumps unless going with a 1100+ hp setup

You're good Dan, this is an informative thread.
FWIW, we just put a truck together at the shop that is 1100ish Hp and it has 2 stock pumps on it.

Yup, you hit the nail on the head as to why I want to run twin pumps. And when you look at the cost of a modded cp3 compared to twin stockers, they're right there next to each other.
Sweet, thanks for the conformation! Appreciate it sir.

Back