48re down shift blues

ylo73z

My 2006 ram keeps down shifting into no mans land on a roll when I put my foot into it ...I have went to pass people lately and it just down shift way too low or into no where it's hard to tell because it just revs to the moon goes no where the it realizes that it's in error and up shifts and I go on my merry way , it has a son coast vb triple disc converter uograded clutches , anchors and input shaft ...I'm almost considering just going to one of those stand alone sun coast valve bodies . Is it possibly a sensor that is giving the computer bad info that's why its letting it down shift like that ?

2006 will have tv motor, no cable. But it does sound like the issue is lockdown related.

I have a cts on it ...no codes ...it does everything else fine , part throttle down shifts are good ...it just gets over zealous when it's in 3rd and I put my foot to the floor it shift down to 1st instead of just going to 2nd

Honestly a CTS wont tell you if its a pending code only real present memory.

And if the kick down is that sensitive then I would check the distance between the PRV bracket and the throttle shaft adjustment bolt. Needs to be about .905 distance.

Last edited:
Will Efi live be able to read it ? How about a smarty that I have for my 05 ?

Nope neither will. Need a decent scanner to look at it.

Ok I'll take it my buddy , I thinknhe dad a cummins scan tool , I hope it works , and could you enlighten me about adjusting the prv ? Isn't the only throttle shaft on the pedal ? Everything is by wire isn't it ?

I see now ...if it was setting those codes wouldn't it set off the check engine light ?

So it will be like a hidden code ...ok I'll get it scanned and go from there

Haven't been able to get any codes scanned , been really busy ...but I have noticed a few things that may or may not be related , when under lite throttle it hangs onto 2nd gear for a while and then bangs 3rd gear the 2-3 shift has allot of delay as well , I know there is allot more going on during the 2-3 shift than the 1-2 shift so I accept some delay , I also noticed on my cts gauges I can monitor the gear it's in and when it shifts weird it doesn't show it went into to 3rd for a few seconds then it shows it ... Also when it does it's down shift thing which it did last night real bad , downshifted to no mans land then I let up a bit , it up shifted then I floored it again and it down shifted again then I let up and it went back up and I stayed out of it , that all happened in like a 1-2 seconds period and the trans temp promptly gained 15 degrees ...any one think it might be the ttva motor ? I'm willing to try it and especially if there is a upgraded one available

Adjust your forward band.

Drivers side of trans up around the brain stem if memory is correct. Loosen the locknut tighten the torx head down to 72 inch lbs. Back out two full turns tighten down the locknut.

So if I take it in a transmission service at the deal should take care of that correct ? The tranny doesn't even have 10k miles on it , it's been frustrating

Back