48RE Goerend Constant Pressure Valve Body with Anchor

dodgediesel

Canadian Diesel Guy
48RE Goerend Constant Pressure Valve Body with Anchor. New!!

This is a constant pressure valve body which are $750 new from Goerend.

$450.00

Red Deer Alberta, Canada

Attachments

• 22903039011.gif
    22903039011.gif
    38 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
We figured out the shifting issue with my modified valve body. I bought it and was going to us it but all we had to do was shim the one Sonax power valve to fix my poor 2-3 shift. Now I have a new $850.00 Goerend valve body sitting in my garage.

Here's a little help for those who are having late 2-3 upshifts with the later electronic controlled 48re transmissions. This problem drove me nuts with a fully built transmission that had only one quirk!!! It would actually shift from second to first gear, tack out and the shift back to 2nd then quickly to 3rd. If that made any sense. Lots of the factory transmissions from Dodge do this. Hopefully this helps alot of you and saves you some money on troubleshooting... I had asked this question on every forumn out there and nobody could help me out, not even some of the transmission guru's out there....
It is a "Sonnax Throttle Valve Kit" part #22771-03K. This was a $24.00 fix that costed me alot more than $24.00 to troubleshoot due to a fully electronic transmission. If you fool on piece of electronics, it usually throws something else out and so on...... With this, you do it and then raise line pressure to match your shifting liking... So easy!!!

This was from another one of my posts...

This is a direct replacement and increases line pressure I would guess thanks.

So does this do roughly the same as the TS Shiftmaster? Is this a mechanical piece or electronic.

The Sonnax kit not the VB.

Last edited:
I spoke to a guy at Goerend the other day because I'm bout to start my transmission build and he told me the consant pressure valve bodies arent reccommended for daily driving.

I am curious to know who you spoke with Goerend about not daily driving with the constant pressure valve body. They recommended it to me for many reasons. I have been LOVING it for almost 7 mos now. Firm, solid shift every time.

I spoke to a guy at Goerend the other day because I'm bout to start my transmission build and he told me the consant pressure valve bodies arent reccommended for daily driving.

I'd like to know the reasoning behind this. Like Comeandtakeit said in his previous post, he's had great luck with his constant pressure valve body from Dave.

I can say one thing, it has much better manners than my ATS tranny and who wouldn't want more pressure at a lower RPM?

Bump for a great product.

Ok, does not work in a 2007.5-2011 trucks and no it will not work in a 47RE!!!!!!!!!!

Someone is filling you full of BS on that one..........

couldnt really make out his name but I think he said his name was craig....his exact words in the voicemail he left " constant pressure stuff is pretty much for drag racing and sled pulling applications. street stuff doesnt like it, so if your gonna drive it on the street we would do a regular ranging valve body". I guess I would need to talk to dave to get a more accurate answer...all I know is what the guy said in the voicemail he left.

Last edited:
The constant pressure vb works really well on the street as long as you dont go with a super tight converter like the 15bl left cut or the 900/400. It works really well with the stock stall or something a little more loose. Craig probably assumed you had a tighter converter or was planning on one. Thats more than likely why he said that as most daily driver or tow trucks will go with a tighter stall.

thanks for clearing that up. in that case I am interested LOL

Last edited:
Back