48re issue

autoferret

OK guys! I thought my TQ converter was going out and it finally came time to service the tranny so i dropped the pan to drain changed filter too. Also dropped tranny to put in a used from here 3disk tq.

Now when i stomp on it from a stop it'll go like hell and then it'll hang up and wont shift from 1-2. IT'll just rev until i let off and it'll shift.

Do I need to adjust the bands? I've never dont this and i'm at 90K miles, changed fluid when i bought the truck at 36K and then now.

When i adjust the bands it says that I should back off the center nut by 1.75 but read i should do it to 2.5 turns. Now in my mind I should screw the center in toward the tranny not out of the tranny. Do this sound like this might be my fix?

I didn't want to put a tuner on the truck till i changed out the tq converter as I dont like tossing away money on broken stuff that didn't need to break in the first place

nick

#1 have you re-adjusted your TV cable? Do that and report back.
#2 Torque band stud to 72in-lb (or snug-tight by hand), then back off noted number of turns.

Adjusted cable. Maybe took 1/8" pull toward back of truck.

Still hangs up on the 1-2 shift. Just kind of hangs there like you were late to man shift from 1-2

Adjusted the band. 3/4 to loosen. T40 hand tight backed off. Re tightened the 3/4 and it's like a new truck!

1.75 turns out. But now i must add power so i can keep up w/ my buddys 08 turd that he just picked up

#1 have you re-adjusted your TV cable?

Someone asked me at a truck pull if i had ever checked this ? where is it and whats it look like ? i want to check mine also ?

Under your hood drivers side under the intake horn is a black plastic cover. There are 2 plastic philips head screws and retainers one top and one on the nose of it. Remove those.
If you Google tv cable adjustment there will be a black and white drawing.

But there is a white clip u pull and then u pull cable back to take up slack. I read that you shouldnt pull more that 1/8" out of the cable after adjusting. It's kind of mind heavy till u get under your hood and see it.

Back