48RE Shifting Issues

dodgediesel

Canadian Diesel Guy
Here's a little help for those who are having late 2-3 upshifts with the later electronic controlled 48re transmissions. This problem drove me nuts with a fully built transmission that had only one quirk!!! It would actually shift from second to first gear, tack out and the shift back to 2nd then quickly to 3rd. If that made any sense. Lots of the factory transmissions from Dodge do this. Hopefully this helps alot of you and saves you some money on troubleshooting... I had asked this question on every forumn out there and nobody could help me out, not even some of the transmission guru's out there....:bs:
It is a "Sonnax Throttle Valve Kit" part #22771-03K. This was a $24.00 fix that costed me alot more than $24.00 to troubleshoot due to a fully electronic transmission. If you fool on piece of electronics, it usually throws something else out and so on...... With this, you do it and then raise line pressure to match your shifting liking... So easy!!!:rockwoot:

So all you do is decide which spring you need and add shims? It came out good when you did it?

You bet. Truck shifts like a million dollars. You might have to raise line pressure to compensate the shim but thats it.

So did you add the new spring or keep the orig and add shims? Guess what I'm trying to ask is did you increase the pressure with the kit?

I just googled the part number and got this. If you look below the parts list it says find a distributer. Click and go!

Back