48RE shifting timing questions

clarkoh

I have a Fummins conversion using a 48RE and an Anteater controller and have an issue. When trans is cold, it shifts as programmed. I have a gauge on the governor pressures and the shifts correspond to the changes in pressures. 1-2 at about 60psi. Gauge shows zero, and on the rise to 60, the gear change occurs, as programmed about 12-15 mph. Once the trans. warms up, the trans holds on to first until 25 mph. The change in governor pressure also stays zero and rises with the 1-2 shift. I am 90% convinced that the issue is in the valve body. Can anyone help troubleshoot this change in shift timing?

Governor pressures are zero in first, 60 in second, 80 in 3rd, and 95-125 in TCC and OD. The change in upper gears is tied to throttle pressure. I do not have a "kick down" cable. I have an adjustable link which sets the throttle valve at a fixed position(% of throttle position). The common rail is all drive by wire. I plan to cob a cable onto the gas pedal for the cruise and plan to use a cable for the throttle valve, when I get ambitious. Just curious why the shift timing changes when trans warms up?

Sent from my SGP561 using Tapatalk

I have a Fummins conversion using a 48RE and an Anteater controller and have an issue. When trans is cold, it shifts as programmed. I have a gauge on the governor pressures and the shifts correspond to the changes in pressures. 1-2 at about 60psi. Gauge shows zero, and on the rise to 60, the gear change occurs, as programmed about 12-15 mph. Once the trans. warms up, the trans holds on to first until 25 mph. The change in governor pressure also stays zero and rises with the 1-2 shift. I am 90% convinced that the issue is in the valve body. Can anyone help troubleshoot this change in shift timing?

Governor pressures are zero in first, 60 in second, 80 in 3rd, and 95-125 in TCC and OD. The change in upper gears is tied to throttle pressure. I do not have a "kick down" cable. I have an adjustable link which sets the throttle valve at a fixed position(% of throttle position). The common rail is all drive by wire. I plan to cob a cable onto the gas pedal for the cruise and plan to use a cable for the throttle valve, when I get ambitious. Just curious why the shift timing changes when trans warms up?

Buhler???...Buhler???...Buhler????

Back