48RE Trans Mount

D45

How often to the trans mount on the autos go bad?

They are about $80 to replace.....

What's the best way to check or determine if the mount is shot?

I am getting a clunking noise, only when placing the trans into drive or into reverse

They never go out! Bushings maybe but like said above more than likely a u-joint! have someone watch the drive shaft as you shift to locate the easy way!

I removed the front driveshaft and the noise is still there

My rear one piece shaft is only a year old......

I wonder if it could be the traction bars making the noise, when pressure is applied by placing the trans into "D" or "R"

The noise does not happen when I accelerate, only the the trans is initially put into gear

Yeah or place in neutral and chock wheels. Then try to move the drive shafts up/down/sideways and circular. Also pry up on Trans a slight bit to see how the Trans mount is. But doubt that's the problem.

Well I have had this popping noise when I placed my truck in gear.....either in DRIVE or in REVERSE

Good thing I crawled under my truck today and checked the torque on all the control arm bolts, both at the axle end and at the frame end

On the upper control arm, on the passenger side, the frame end bolt/nut was VERY loose.....like barely threaded on, NOT GOOD!

Torqued everything back down and the noise is gone

Guys PLEASE double and triple check the control arm bolts if you have popping noises......not to mention for the safety concerns!

Back