49 Ferguson TO20

thegoodman97

I got a 49 Fergyson 20 that I paid 100 bucks for and it needs a motor. I found one from a salvage yard that runs and i get everything from the valve cover to the oil pan. Its a Z120 Continental engine and the guy wants 1000 bucks for it. Good deal or not? should i try and haggle a little of look somewhere else? Advice would be greatly appreciated.

It needs a motor. It has a cracked cylinder wall that i was told could be welded and i have all the internals but theyve been left outside by the previous owner so theyre nice and rusted and looks like some of the stuff is pitted. I just figured it would be alot easier to just get a Z120 or Z129 that will just bolt right in cause i need a generator, starter, carb, manifolds, just about everything.

I see then, how far is the salvage yard away? If close see if they will run the engine for you to make sure that it runs alright. 1000 dollars probably aint too awful but, I would try to haggle with them a little bit to see where it goes.

the salvage yard is about an hr and 30 mins away. But i was thinkin about seeing if i could get a rear rim and tire and a front tire for the 1000 bucks or maybe 1200

Back