4bt clutch??

bansley

tug'n
I'm swaping a 4 bt dodge bellhousing set up with a nv4500 ...catch is the trans is a light duty one 1 1/8 shaft. Anybody know of a aplication i can use to get a clutch to bolt up? A gas dodge fits the input but the pressure plate is to small for the flywheel.
Thanks, Brian

I have a early Chevy NV4500 behind my 4bt, and I am using a Hi performance 454 clutch and pressure plate. I bought it from O'reilly's, it is a Hayes if I remember correctly. It is probably too small too, but you might check it out. Another idea is calling a company like Val-air and custom ordering a disc.

Don't the NV4500's come stock with the 1-1/8" shaft? You can get a single disc for it but you need to upgrade to the larger shaft for a DD

Don't the NV4500's come stock with the 1-1/8" shaft? You can get a single disc for it but you need to upgrade to the larger shaft for a DD

Exactly... the 6bt's nv4500 came with a 1 1/8" shaft also. Just buy the same clutch as you would for one of them. OR upgrade to the 1 3/8" shaft if you think you need it.

Exactly... the 6bt's nv4500 came with a 1 1/8" shaft also. Just buy the same clutch as you would for one of them. OR upgrade to the 1 3/8" shaft if you think you need it.

you sir are wrong. the nv4500 that came in the dodges with the cummins had a 1 1/4" input. the gas came with the 1 1/8"

Oops... I didn't really pay attention to the fractions, lol. I saw the 1/ part and didn't really look at the /8. My bad!

Ya I got burnt on the trans it was susposed to be a diesel unit. I got a cluctch for a hd gas and had the flywheel re drilled to bolt up the clutch.All is good and back on track!

Thanks Brian

Would a 1-1/4" input bolt in to the 1-1/8" tranny? Or is it a lighter duty version?

change the input. That's what I did to mine. It was a chevy trans. Now it has a dodge input and nose piece. Not an issue.

Would a 1-1/4" input bolt in to the 1-1/8" tranny? Or is it a lighter duty version?

yes it will. i had my diesel trans in my gas truck. i just put the small input in it. but when i swap to a diesel i put the old input back in.

Back