4BT Cummins 3.9 with inline pump

bgilbert

VE Guy
$3k. 2001 model 4BT Cummins 3.9 with an inline pump. I'm told it has an A pump. It has an RSV governor. Engine had 4000 hours before removal to fix front cover leak. The owner decided to go with a new engine instead (rich farmer/contractor) lol. Came out of a dozer (redline 2600rpm-3k). Ran excellent no issues just an oil leak between the front cover and block. Has a wastegated hx25 turbo. No accessories on the front except for the water pump and balancer. No power steering or anything beneath the injection pump, just a block off plate. No engine adapter. It's sitting on a shipping pallet/cradle. Can be shipped on your dime. I was saving it for a project that I sold. $3k or best offer. Possible trade for a running driving 4x4 1st gen. Located in Terre Haute, In 47807.

Attachments

• 4btinlinepump.jpg
    4btinlinepump.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 0
That is an 'A' pumper, from the looks of it.
They are a constant speed governor, so that kills value for a road application.

I sold a nice running one of those a year or so ago for $1500, the pump was the deal killer for me.

GLWS.

Mark.

That is an 'A' pumper, from the looks of it.
They are a constant speed governor, so that kills value for a road application.

I sold a nice running one of those a year or so ago for $1500, the pump was the deal killer for me.

GLWS.

Mark.
Nothing that can't be switched for a road application governor I'm sure.

To bad you didn't decide to sell before Scheid, I bet you could have unloaded it there in a heartbeat.

I'm still building my 4bt & have done a LOT of reading on them! So if it's a offroad motor that's going to be used as a on road motor then you have to change the pump, cam & pistons! That's what I've been old! GLWS

I'm still building my 4bt & have done a LOT of reading on them! So if it's a offroad motor that's going to be used as a on road motor then you have to change the pump, cam & pistons! That's what I've been told! GLWS
Bump and don't believe everything you hear!:bs:

I have ran a tractor ag VE on the road for over 35,000 miles. Not alot different, GLWS.

Thats a lot diff than a ag gov p pump or a pump and yes that is a Apump

Bump and don't believe everything you hear!:bs:
That's all fine and well, but I've yet to see an on-road 'A' pump.
I don't mind if you make a liar out of me, always willing to learn. :D

Mark.

Talked to Scheid today. They said the governor assembly can easily be switched to an auto governor assembly. I'm sure there are a few pullers out there that would trade you governor assemblies. Price drop to $2500 obo.

I'd sure like to see a part number for an on-road A pump governor assembly. :D
Hell, I'd like to see a PART NUMBER for an on-road A pump that I can verify.

Mark.

I'd sure like to see a part number for an on-road A pump governor assembly. :D
Hell, I'd like to see a PART NUMBER for an on-road A pump that I can verify.

Mark.
Are you interested in buying this 4B? No, ok go back to selling your burnt up scrap to unsuspecting newbies that don't know your ways.LOL

Whats with you and this on road A pump governor assembly? Did I say anything about such a thing? If you were buying I would go in to specifics.

Okay, be a pissant, that's fine.
Have fun trying to sell overpriced incomplete junk you can't even tell people how to make work. LOL
It's a $1000 engine as it sits TOPS.

Mark.

Back