4BT Factory Cams

clarkoh

Can anyone tell me the difference between the factory 4BT camshafts? There are 3 listed on EBay. The part nos. are:

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Cant tell you the difference but its for different CPL numbers (the number used to determine the hard parts such as injectors, cam, pistons, and fuel pump/fuel pump calibration). different CPL's are used to also differ the same engine (6bt's, ISB's, ISC, ISX, etc) with different HP and TQ levels for the application they are designed for. If youre still interested I could look up the different CPL's that these cams fit. if you have the ESN (engine serial number) with each cam, I can tell you exactly what hp and CPL they are rated for

do you need a stock 4bt cam? I have quick a few in the shed, perfect for regrinds.

If you are looking for a factory cam to regrind you do have to look up what cpl it came from. The 4bt I just built for myself I couldn't get the cam reground bigger than a stage 2 from colt which they said wasn't gonna be a lot of help due to it coming from an off-road low hp application. I built mine to cpl 594 which is a turbo/aftercooled engine. I ended up putting a Hamilton in it. Hoping it will help spool the big charger

Back