4BT race cam, where to look?

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
For my 4bt built I need bit better cam than stock.

Any advice where to look?

I knew Hamilton have only one cam 188/220 , but what about other options.

Colt cams have some

Haisley and Schied do not list them

find the specs on the cam you want if its something other than the 188/220 and have it custom ground. There is a guy local to me that makes some badass cams that will custom grind anything you want, he is getting ready to make a cam for my buddy's 6bt.

I can possibly help you out with getting it shipped over the pond also.

Company: Racer Brown
Phone Number: 410-866-7660
Email: None
Web Site: OLYP
Specialty: Custom Cam Grinding

Racer Brown Cam Specs

My buddy has a colt cam he just put in his rebuilt 4bt. He loves it. its in a 96ish ford van, converted to 4x4, with compounds. its pretty crazy. was a pretty decent price as well.

I can't send my cam to regrind, because my location :doh: , my only chance is buy cam grind from blank cast /or billet and/or pay extra core charge.

does anyone know what the valve clearances are in 4bts? im curious to know if anything else would have to be changed when switching to one of these colt cams.

Margus, do you per chance have anyone over on that side of the pond who grinds custom cams? You can't be the only hotrodder in Estonia. Its a science, not an art. Just hate to see my Estonian brother pay 3x what we all pay to get the same stuff. Maybe someone here could give you degrees and lift and you could regrind a stock stick??

Just an idea.

Why bother? 550 is easy on a stock 4bt cam. Put the money you will waste into a good balance job. These things are horribly unbalanced.

I have new 4BT UGL's in stock to gring anything you want. We CNC every cam, and grind it to order

Margus, do you per chance have anyone over on that side of the pond who grinds custom cams? You can't be the only hotrodder in Estonia. Its a science, not an art. Just hate to see my Estonian brother pay 3x what we all pay to get the same stuff. Maybe someone here could give you degrees and lift and you could regrind a stock stick??

Just an idea.
I am not the only one, my friend Wagoneer is too....:hehe:
No custom cam grinding in my country, the closest cam grinder who can make only a copy is in Finland, but it will cost twice as much to compared if I order it from US.
I's hard if you have strange hobby and you are located in middle of nowhere.

Its not just the problem with special or race parts, even some small items can be pain in a**.
Last week when I canged the 20 inch wheels bact to my truck ,I found one wheel nut is missing (the smaller than stock), I visited all US car parts shops and no one had 9/16 wheel nut available :soap:
Luckily I found few spares from my own shelf.

If you need something you have to order from US and you have take some spares.

Next excample: Bosch dealer can't find 215 pump afc spring from Europe , looks like again I have to order from US

Back