4r100 with PCS Controller. 1st/2nd gear lockup. doable?

rlebar

Truck has a 4r100 and PCS TCU. 3rd gear lockup is great for easy driving but the torque pushes through the converter and it's just slow under hard acceleration or towing and it takes the motor out of it's power range.

I understand the risks involved with 1st or 2nd gear lockup. That said, I want to know if it's feasible. And if so, how it is done.

I can program the PCS controller to lock up in 2nd gear, but the transmission won't lock the converter until it shifts into 3rd. I want to know how to get around this issue specifically with the PCS controller

Should be on the Pcs program. My convertor would lock in 2nd but I retuned it 2nd gear lock up was too much haha. There is a setting on the Pcs program that asks lowest gear to lock convertor and then in your convertor tables you set your speed/TPS for convertor to lock.

I did try that but I'll try again. Maybe I made a mistake somewhere along the way.

If it's been done then I should be able to make it work.

Yep I just looked at the tcu program check your TCC lockup parameters and your lock up/ unlock table. Like I said I know lock up in 2nd works.

As long as the pcs will do it, the trans should do it. The tcc solenoid is grounded for lock up, I always ran a switch in my pulling truck and you could lock it up whenever you wanted to.

Yeah this is being put on the back burner for now. I'm having major issues with the newly rebuilt motor so that's going to take priority.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I'm having a heck of a time with my Trans and pcs trying to figure out how to tune it... It's in my pulling truck and I have to run 2nd cuz I can't hold it back in 1st to build enough boost. Any tips on getting it tuned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back