4wd second gen dodge issues

rick97dodge

Hey guys my 2.5 truck keeps having issues with the disconnect in the front I had the stock vacuum setup on it and it failed so I put a posi lock on it and it just failed is there anything better then that stuff to use besides a 1 piece shaft the input will greatly be appreciated thanks

The posi lock fork failed then it took the spline off the inner axle and I want a fix for this I dont know how the other axle is I haven't looked at it yet

Its definitely getting something better im thinking 35 spline and axles and a Detroit locker and spintech lockouts

Ems offroad is cheaper on the lockout kits...just a thought. Also I thought guys had trouble breaking lockouts on high hp sled pulling?

Yeah the lockouts won't hold up to the torque. We wound up putting in the one piece axle in my last truck after the third lockout grenaded.

spool the front end or weld it up, one piece axles and find a lockout hub conversion just for the driver side. Only other option i know is to do all of that except the lock out hub and use hydrolic steering if the rules allow. Gasser guys have ran those same setups for years with hardly any issues.

Back