4X4 launch issue

LMMGilotine

High on Diesel
This is on my duramax in my sig. Everytime I launch my truck in 4wd, whether its no boost or up to 10psi, it pulls to the right or to the right and left off the line. I have sleeves, replaced pitman/idler/idler support with moog parts, bilstein 5100 stabilizer and a DHD centerlink brace. I am still running leveling keys with the bolts out due to the 305/50R20 420's on 12 wides. I cant run my stock keys bc it rubs a just a little as it sits so I know it would rub really bad with the factory keys (I have already done the Norcal Nick large fender mod and trimmed the front bumper a little bit too). One thing I did notice is that my brace sits about 3/8's to a half an inch off the hogs head so its apparent my centerlink is rolling some. What could I do to get the truck to hook straight the way it sits or is that a lost cause with leveling keys? Wanted to run at Rudy's this weekend but I know it will just be worse on the strip and I don't feel like throwing out my alignment with a 5 hour drive home...

Last edited:
It's your cv axles man. They aren't happy 4 hi launching unless they are flat parallel to the ground. What do you Cv angles look like?

25 - 30 degree angle.. definitely not close to parallel to the ground. I'm wondering then if I swap in the stock keys and raise it to the same height it sits now and align it could I slam it at the track and then at the end of the day raise it back up the same amount of turns? Would that throw the alignment?

It doesn't matter what you do if you want to shoot straight ,and not have a battle with the steering wheel, get the CV axles level. The more they are off the harder it fights you on the launch, not to mention the damage it will cause after a while.

Anytime you touch the bolts to adjust the keys, you should get it aligned. It probably wouldn't be a huge problem if you counted rotations carefully and got it aligned every now and then.

25 - 30 degree angle.. definitely not close to parallel to the ground. I'm wondering then if I swap in the stock keys and raise it to the same height it sits now and align it could I slam it at the track and then at the end of the day raise it back up the same amount of turns? Would that throw the alignment?

When you put the stock keys back in use washers under the bolts until you get it to your daily driving ride height. When you go to the track drop the front down, do your racing, then tighten them back up for the ride home. This takes the guess work out of getting your ride height back to where it was. I did this often when I pulled my daily driver and it worked well.

Back