4x4 light flickering on and off..

wpeschel

Psyko
Well I got my truck back todya from getting the tranny fixed, and I put it in 4x4 and it works, but the light will flicker on and off when I hit small bumps. If I sit still it will stay on, if it moves forward on small bumps if goes on and off.. Any Ideas?? I crawled under it and checked all the vacuum hoses and they look good, and I unplugged the wires at the front end and repluged them.. Thanks.. Wesley

i'm havin the same issue with mine but my light flashes going down the road sometimes with the trcuk in 2wd

Possibly the actuator in the front axle is loose or something? Do you hear any noises associated with the light coming on and off, i.e. like the actuator partially engaging or engaging for short periods of time?

when my light flickers it dont sound like anything is tryin to engage, i've pulled off the road put the truck in 4hi and then back to 2wd and the light will stay off till i get up around 55-60mph and it'll start flickering again. mine will do it every once in a while, only seems to do it after i've used the 4 wheel drive in my truck.

your acutator is starting to wear take it off and look at it there should be guides on the end of the forks they are probably wore off and if it got into the fork at all get knew fork. or its your vacuum switch on the transfer case going out but my money is on the actuator.

checked everything out and it all seems to be good, even tried the 4x4 out and couldn't get the light to come back on so who knows...

Back