5.0 Liter V8 Cummins swap Dirt Everyday

What's your source? I was told something completely different from someone who actually works at Cummins.

I actually worked at a cummins dealer for 5 years and was told that by some of the field engineers.

I actually worked at a cummins dealer for 5 years and was told that by some of the field engineers.

It was designed for the Ram 1500 before Fiat bought them. Then they sourced their own in-house diesel. Nissan and Toyota picked up where Ram left off.

I saw one of these before it was put into a pickup.

Cummins plans to use these in a number of applications where size constraints have limited them in the past. Not an engine developed solely for the pickup market.

Had to google it. Never knew they were planing a gas pot. They could call it Onan.

I think it's a pretty cool little motor, the biggest down fall being that it's e85 which is non existent in New England:hehe:

I'm still hoping to see the Cummins 2.8 ETHOS motor. That little e85 guy would be great for swaps.

That engine would be a hell of a swap engine. Looks brutally strong. That said. I don't like working on spark plugs

Cummins plans to use these in a number of applications where size constraints have limited them in the past. Not an engine developed solely for the pickup market.

It was actually designed for dodge. The biggest constraint was the engine must fit in every location the hemi did and couldn't make more power. When they were on hard times the idea went away and the engine was up for grabs. All engines we design and build are going to be In multiple applications. Some were just intended for a special market originally. I am not looking forward to working on an overhead cam with a turbo in the valley. It's already in testing with some RV chassis

Ding ding ding. Why would an end customer ever pay for R&D??????

Because an engineer who claimed to have worked for Cummins told a salesman...

I am sure the bus, rv, work vans (ie. european style van sprinter, mercedes, etc), etc.. will explore the engine more given some of the history with the other v8 emissions engines.

The only thing that scares me is that in the end it is a v8.... history shows this configuration is tough to make a reliable diesel out of. There have been plenty of good ones and still are but the majority have been hit or miss or just plain OK. In the past you chose to have reliable and gutless or good power and time bomb.

Again there are some very good v8 diesels out there. Just a little troubling until it is proven for me..

What's your source? I was told something completely different from someone who actually works at Cummins.
The 5.0 was 100% designed for the 1500 ram not the f1 ****ty. They have concepts with it in the ram but then fiat butted in

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back