5.9 to 6.7

Tslater

So sadly I spent a ton of money over the last few years and finally got my built 5.9 on the road. Well after about 3k miles piston 5 decided it no longer wanted to live inside the block, wrecked the block and head sad day because it was a D&j stage 1. Not sure if the cam is wrecked yet. And I still need to see if I can get just one billet rod for replacement. I’ve decided to step back from the big build at least for me, and throw a mild built 6.7 into my 05. I have a like new less then 3k miles fluidampr. I know there’s 2 different part numbers, but I’m curious if anyone’s done it. I know people put the factory 6.7 viscous dampener on 5.9s. Would I run all my 5.9 accessories ( fan hub and so on) I bought a complete 6.7 long block with fuel and air and all the accessories. Someone put the wrong nozzles in the injectors and melted pistons. so I already have a set of QSB 6.7 pistons to match my 5.9 injectors.

Thanks for the help

Yes it's getting more and more common. I've never heard of the differing casting # 6.7L blocks or heads making a difference. Plus there's only one style 6.7L head gasket, there may be a marine version. So your injectors are the 04.5+ style?

DDP 60% overs and a s363 over a s480. New 6.7 build is just going to be a s467.7

Back