5" down pipe

FireMed

Clown Puncher
Do you sell/make them. I asked for a quote and nobody seemed to look on that thread. I asked on EDs page and still have not got a response. I know Penni asked for one as well. You could probably ask for a group buy and get more. There were quite a few that looked at my thread.

Thanks Jeremie

I can get them. I don't make them. The clearance issues just make them undesirable. I'll have to check pricing on them.

That in mind, what is the alternative? If my charger I just bought for my puller project has a 5" marmon flange or v band or however you want to say it... if the 5" hits the firewall which I'm sure it would or hit the edge of the bell housing or adapter plate, what do people do with v band style downtubes? I apologize in advance for my turbo illiteracy...

Sent from phone

Most ive seen take a hammer and dent the pipe or anybody that can weld thin pipe can just get the flange and order a 5" to 4" reducer and weld them to run a 4". Im just not good at welding that thin crap in pipe.....kind of sad actually...ive got a 4K$ welder and still cant weld pipe to save my ass....sheet metal yes....pipe no..

Last edited:
That in mind, what is the alternative? If my charger I just bought for my puller project has a 5" marmon flange or v band or however you want to say it... if the 5" hits the firewall which I'm sure it would or hit the edge of the bell housing or adapter plate, what do people do with v band style downtubes? I apologize in advance for my turbo illiteracy...

Sent from phone

Most ive seen take a hammer and dent the pipe or anybody that can weld thin pipe can just get the flange and order a 5" to 4" reducer and weld them to run a 4". Im just not good at welding that thin crap in pipe.....kind of sad actually...ive got a 4K$ welder and still cant weld pipe to save my ass....sheet metal yes....pipe no..

That is correct. I just take a 4-5 reducer and cut it in pieces to get the swell out of the middle. Then just weld it in to make it work. I will snap some pics of one I built for you if you like.

I just spoke to Johnny last night. He will make me a run of 5" downpipes if we have enough people interested. What a sport!

Yeah i dont care if its just the 5" v flange, angled down then the 5" to 4" reducer (and stays 4" the rest of the way down...just so it get by the trans and cab.

See look at what you started Jamie....I know we can make you some money out of this. How many do you need interested for him to make a run.

Yeah id also like to see the pics also. If you dont want to post them on here ill add my phone number then.

Thanks Jeremie.
812-584-2853

Last edited:
Atleast 5 to make it worth his time. Johnny is a busy man. I'll pm pricing once he gets back to me Monday.

The 5" Dp on my twin set clears everything ok. Just near the bottom of the firewall I had to smack it in a hair.

The 5" Dp on my twin set clears everything ok. Just near the bottom of the firewall I had to smack it in a hair.

Mine wouldn't clear the bell housing and firewall. I think some of its the way the flange is welded on. If it walks a little bit when you tack it then it can throw off the angle. I had to massage the firewall as well as the pipe some. Wonder if there is a difference between an auto and manual.

Curious on an update also. I see this has been looked at over 200 times. Have you got any more interest in them Jamie?

Last edited:
I also see yours is a second gen, so shouldn't you have more room between the turbo and firewall? I have a 3rd gen with a second gen manifold and s363 over s475 twins. I have an ok amount of room along side the tranny.

Yeah. We have been getting calls about these. I think we have enough interest to make it well worth his time. He is tinkering with it now. Suppose to let me know soon what cost will be.

along with a 5" pipe all the way with 5" vband... I'd also like to see the price of 5" vband reduced to 4" pipe... if you don't mind sir

Sent from phone

Just talked to Johnny. He has these in the works! He is saying that once he gets them all tested on 2g-3g trucks for fitment and gets them into the production stage, we are looking at 1-2 months before they are ready for retail. Johnny has never let me down. He is the man!

Johnny is a good dude for sure..

I have a Flo-Pro 5" dp on my stock turbo 08' that fits better than oem. My 03' had a 5" from E.D. for the twins that fit like complete garbage (and they had my truck). I've even seen 4" dp's that fit a little snug. Every truck will be a bit different. Hope this works out, i'll buy one for my Stainless Diesel's piping i have already. Big turbo with big intake piping up high and a little 4" dp kinda looks funny.

Sent from my fphone

I also see yours is a second gen, so shouldn't you have more room between the turbo and firewall? I have a 3rd gen with a second gen manifold and s363 over s475 twins. I have an ok amount of room along side the tranny.

I'm with joelc79 on this one. Mines from EDs twins set up.

Just talked to Johnny. He has these in the works! He is saying that once he gets them all tested on 2g-3g trucks for fitment and gets them into the production stage, we are looking at 1-2 months before they are ready for retail. Johnny has never let me down. He is the man!

Dang u was kind of hoping for one sooner. I will wait for a while then. Will just have to cut up the one I have now though. Hope the price will be good then.

Johnny is a good dude for sure..

I have a Flo-Pro 5" dp on my stock turbo 08' that fits better than oem. My 03' had a 5" from E.D. for the twins that fit like complete garbage (and they had my truck). I've even seen 4" dp's that fit a little snug. Every truck will be a bit different. Hope this works out, i'll buy one for my Stainless Diesel's piping i have already. Big turbo with big intake piping up high and a little 4" dp kinda looks funny.

Sent from my fphone

I'm not sure where the price will be on these, but I would guess they won't be cheap considering they are 5" and Johnny don't use cheap materials.

I'm not sure where the price will be on these, but I would guess they won't be cheap considering they are 5" and Johnny don't use cheap materials.

You worry me... although I'm sure it'll be a great product, how expensive is "they won't be cheap"

Sent from phone

Back