50MPG

CookCR

I filled up last night and finally met my goal that's been alluding me for...well 32K miles. I drove 663.8 miles on this tank and was able to squeeze 13.149 gallons back in for a hand calculated 50.483 MPG! This is just me driving normal on my daily commute of 65 miles each way. 20 miles of it is 65MPG speed limits, I usually do 70 depending on the oil field traffic, then another 25 miles of 75MPH highway, then back to 65MPH for the remainder of the trip. I would say pretty much every day I hit stop and go traffic. If I was to take a long trip I'm pretty confident I could get it up to 53MPG~ Not only does it hate the fuel, it's fun to drive.

2012 VW Jetta TDI, manual trans, Malone tune, and DPF relocation kit.

Oh... Man I thought that was a truck you were talking about! Even at that though, that's pretty sweet, eventually I'll have myself a little tdi

Awesome little car. I wish it was my truck, I would drive it more! That being said I'm glad I'm not driving my old 6.4 PSD to work, switching over to the car I'm saving $430 bucks a month.

Very nice. Did that Malone Tune pep it up a good bit?

Damn. More money for fun stuff! I've gotta figure out what my savings would be if I swapped over to a little beater for my daily driver...

Very nice. Did that Malone Tune pep it up a good bit?

Night and day difference! Much, much more power now, and across a broader RPM range. Before the only thing I could use 6th for was maintaining speed, now I can actually use it to pass. First through Third are pretty impressive.

we touched 50 with ours once, most of the time low 40's though. Very interested to see what it does when it can breath properly.

we touched 50 with ours once, most of the time low 40's though. Very interested to see what it does when it can breath properly.

I just wish I could take a long trip in it to find out what it can really do. Yesterday before I fueled up I spent half an hour driving through Denver, and I hit stop and go traffic EVERY day.

That was just one trip not the whole tank, 35 miles on the interstate at 65mph. I'm assuming the DPF was clean.

Best I've ever gotten in my 98 rust bucket Jetta is 47.....congrats! :bow: :rockwoot:

Back