53 cracked, now questions

Terry'sToy

Ok, here's the deal, everything on my 53 block is good and all my electronics are new, like smarty and comp Drag. The VP is excellent and I'm very happy with the power the truck makes.

I can get an 03-05 CR with no electronics.

The big question is can I put the VP44 stuff on this CR block and head?

I'm open to any opinions.

thanks

pretty sure the block and head are the same . We put cr heads on our vp trucks. except: you need new/different x-over tubes to use the stock lines. you need to drill and tap the block for the crank sensor (if you have that sensor there), and custom injectors to match the bowl of the cr pistons (some more knowledgeable should chime in). I think that should be the only concerns other than if the timing cover matches up and/or the cam profile..??

could I use the pistons from the VP motor or do they not work with the CR head?

Would probably be easier/cheaper to find a non-53 block...

The CR has a different bolt pattern for the gear housing, the VP gear housing is not a direct bolt on!

I'm definately looking towards just replacing with a non-53 block. Which ones swap easiest?
thanks

Lock n Stich will still leak!!!!

I ran a full summer with JB Weld on then outside and BarsLeak on the inside while I gathered parts for a complete rebuild.

Oh, even 55 blocks will crack!!

I read about a Mexican block being stronger on Fritz's site. Anyone know for sure?

Back