530HP/1050TQ on Stock Sticks and Stock CP3

Big Swole

MegaInterceptor
My first time ever on a dyno and had a freakin Blast a Garmon's today!

First off, I Big Freakin THANK YOU to Jeff Garmon and David Dunbar and Crew......You guys made the day!!!!:Cheer: :thankyou2:

I am stoked with my numbers considering the minor mods I've got....530HP/1050TQ with Stock Sticks and a Stock CP3!!:rockwoot:

I let Jeff drive my truck the other day and he guessed I was gonna make around 550 but I was guessing lower at around 500 even........

Dunbar did a roll on start........Jeff says if we had Brake spooled it and let it go, It might have gone 550.......Either way, I totally OK with these numbers for my daily driver......I'd love to have more but I can't afford to start breakin the Big Chit!!!

BTW.........I was the guy (the Poe Poe) with the BEER DYNO!!!:hehe: .....That was a freakin blast !! Hope to see everyone again soon:Cheer:

Last edited:
Great job. I've seen that combo of Larry and pressure net 52x before with a similar setup. Seems like a great stack. I bet that 62 lights so low the 1050 tq is around for quite some. Have fun with it!

Everyone asks for proof......Not that 530 is anything special....Anyway, here it is......

The 486 was with the MP8 turned completely OFF!
DSC00157.JPG

DSC00154.JPG

DSC00134.JPG

DSC00141.JPG

BTW.....How do you guys upload the BIG pics......Mine always come out small and then you have to click to enlarge....???

Big Swole, I spoke to you up at garmons yesterday, and decided to sign up here at comp-d. are there any more guys on here that was at "shop day"?

3500Duramax said:
Big Swole, I spoke to you up at garmons yesterday, and decided to sign up here at comp-d. are there any more guys on here that was at "shop day"?

Welcome !!!! Wow, I guess the advertising on the CompD T-shirt really works Huh??

Yeah, There were several guys there.....but there were A LOT that didn't get to make it.....There are SO many knowledgable people on the Forum..You willl love it.....I'm still trying to learn.....I've got a LOT more to learn about these things......

Great to meet you man.....!!:Cheer: :welcome:

Glasseater said:
converted a new guy nice ;) oh the numbers are pretty sick too! time for dual CP3s and big sticks yet?!?!

Yeah, feels good to have recruited a new Diesel Inthusiest..

As matter of fact....I'd love to start Planning for some new Mods once I get my recent ones paid off.....(Dang Credit Cards! :evil )

Given my current setup and the 62/12 huffer......I'm not sure where to go from here....Seems like everything else is gonna snow ball......Bigger Sticks my require a modded CP3 or duals, which then might strain my 150/95gph FASS....may need a bigger pump....Then, I will prob. have to start thinking of building a set of TWINS with my 62 as the spooler.....

Seeing a solid Daily driver 600+ would be nice.......Any thoughts on What you guys would do from this point on?????? Keeping in mind that I want to add mods, NOT have to sell and buy new ones.....

Whats the furthest I can go with my current Huffer?????

Glasseater said:
well there is always the possibility of drugs...

Nah!! No drugs for me.....I'm a Cop remember!:hehe:

Seriously....I really want my truck to only injest #2......Unless I win the lotto and then won't have to worry about breaking chit......

600 would be nice.....I could prob get close with not too much more $....

Big Swole said:
Nah!! No drugs for me.....I'm a Cop remember!:hehe:

Seriously....I really want my truck to only injest #2......Unless I win the lotto and then won't have to worry about breaking chit......

600 would be nice.....I could prob get close with not too much more $....

yeah drugs can be a bad thing, some of them are illegal on the streets too! that thing can hit 600 on #2 no problem!! what do you think it is a psd?

Glasseater said:
yeah drugs can be a bad thing, some of them are illegal on the streets too! that thing can hit 600 on #2 no problem!! what do you think it is a psd?

LOL LOL

Yeah, I asked Jeff G. what I should do next.....He said " Just leave it alone and Drive the Dang thing!!"...............That's a quaility guy right there...He could have just seen $$$$$ signs and made all kind of suggestions.....

He knows my budget.........I'll be getting with him on a few more mods once I pay these recent ones off....Who knows:evil

Twins..... go big air before big fuel.... the cooler your truck stays the longer everthing will last.

just don't "outspend" yourself... it'll take the fun out of it :)

Lavon

LAmiller said:
Twins..... go big air before big fuel.... the cooler your truck stays the longer everthing will last.

just don't "outspend" yourself... it'll take the fun out of it :)

Lavon

I Totally agree!!! Jeff knows that too and that's why he said what he said.....Besides, I'll be more fun to make the modding last over several years.....Giving me something else to look foward too..

Will my II Silver 62/74/12 make a good spooler turbo?????

What do I put on the bottom?? 3B??

I ran 512hp on the stock charger (a little toasty).... and you guys are not making much more with a 62... I'm going bigger :) Every day I'm leaning toward a 66 of some sort :)

Good numbers. What kinda of EGT's? 1200-ish I'm sure? I'm sure there's 575 in that motor if you stress the turbo a little :) Add more fuel!

Wasn't it Jim "only 1600egt's? you need more fuel" or something like that :)

Last edited:
JasonCzerak said:
I ran 512hp on the stock charger (a little toasty).... and you guys are not making much more with a 62... I'm going bigger :) Every day I'm leaning toward a 66 of some sort :)

Good numbers. What kinda of EGT's? 1200-ish I'm sure? I'm sure there's 575 in that motor if you stress the turbo a little :) Add more fuel!

Wasn't it Jim "only 1600egt's? you need more fuel" or something like that :)

Yeah, I read you thread.....thats good numbers on the stock huffer....

Did you compare the dyno charts though......I looked at yours but im gonna go back a compare my chart to yours to see if the 62/12 made the power hand in there longer......

Oh my highest EGT I've seen is under 1000, BUT my pyro is mounted POST turbo.....in the elbo.....so it'll always be a little cooler.......I was seeing 1200-1300 post turbo with the stock turbo though, so the 62 cooled things down a bit.....:rockwoot:

3500Duramax said:
I think I was behind you waiting all them cars coming out of the church. Was that your first diesel event?:welcome:

Back