550cc? 650cc? How about 1100? 12mm...

Lucky Jeff

Stock Sucks
I Just noticed in one of the diesel mags that there is a diesel shop about 15 minutes from me. Never heard of the place, so I searched for a website. Sure enough, they have one. Seem to be claiming considerably more then the numbers I see get thrown around here on a regular basis.

http://www.sounddieselperformance.com/Cummins.html

Pump flow is rpm related.....you could probably hit 1,200cc if it was at 1,800rpm. Get the whole story.

I'm getting ready to send both my pumps to CDS. I'll give this guy a call monday and see what he says.

Last edited:
i highly doubt it. especially from that neck of the woods. auburns not much of a town and when i was working up there, i never saw or heard anything about this shop. doubt he has a clue...................

Pump flow is rpm related.....you could probably hit 1,200cc if it was at 1,800rpm. Get the whole story.

"This is the first in the diesel industry"

just sayin..

Ron, I'd love to hear the conversation.

and if it could be done, it would have been done a long time ago by the CDS, schied, etc people. not some guy with a common rail that just entered the business

i highly doubt it. especially from that neck of the woods. auburns not much of a town and when i was working up there, i never saw or heard anything about this shop. doubt he has a clue...................

Blood Enterprise and Corvettes of Auburn have some pretty cool gas toys. But I agree, nothing diesel.

Nice dyno picture on yer site buddy, Tell ya one thing if I was in that crowd of fo-hawks I'd fukin shoot myself.

And the best part a ford zf six speed

I just got off the phone with the guy. Pleasant, and tried to be helpfull. Asked alot of questions about my setup. Performance 12mm pump would run around 1800 to 2200 dollars depending on condition of the pump. He did tell me not to back off my g springs. He said there is a screw with a jam nut on the side onf the pump for adjusting the governor. Sounds like he got the flow numbers from II's test stand, not sure if they are doing the work or not.

Last edited:
I wondered if the guy pictured in the white shirt was some kind of extremist.

I went back through some notes and I think I can explain the 1100cc. A few years ago I bought a brand new, still in the sealed plastic bag and original Bosch box, 887 pump. At the time i was been running a 180 pump set at 325cc by the shop Piers was using. I sent the new pump to Industrial Injection with instructions to increase the flow to 500cc. I got the pump back and installed it only to find that it made much less power than my 325cc pump. I sent it to Ponci's and Brad rotated the barrels and sent it to a shop to be balanced. There had been no modifications done by II except for the installation of a #6 plate. For that I payed $550. When I got the pump installed from Brad there was a big difference between it and the 325cc pump. I would say that 500cc on II's stand is about equal to 275 or so on NW Fuel Injections stand. That would make an 1100cc pump on II's stand equal to a 550 to 600cc pump on someone elses. I payed around 500 for the mods Brad did, and the balancing(some of the best money i had spent at that point).

Ron

Just got off the phone with a diesel guru...1,000cc's from a 12mm was 6 years ago....at 500 stand rpms ;)

Keep in mind that it isn't a crime to misinformed. He seemed like a nice guy and was trying to be helpfull. I'll give him points for that. If you don't have a good frame of reference numbers are just numbers. My pump is around 650-675 and another 450cc would be cool as hell. Probably 1100 hp with just a pump change. I want it.

Back