551vgt common rail

IowaCumminsCB

Ok right now did have an 03 with floor its 3.5 cp3 flux 4.5s I think, big stick cam.
Turbos I have a hellman. Kit with the 351 on top and a ht3b on the bottom.
Programming it made just over 800 on the tnt r. I now have the SSR.

Truck tows occasional 10k but mostly 6k. I DD it with drags on the weekend

I don't like the turbo setup I have as of now and looking for different.
Was going to run a 66/71/14 on top then maybe a 480 on the bottom.
Just looking at other options now.

The 551 with the fleece controller, whats the word on these turbos spooling? I have heard a little on surgeing issues but were made by people that were observers not testers.

If this does not spool very well maybe a 62 to get her lit?

What's your thoughts on this?

Last edited:
If you really dynoed at 800hp I would leave it alone, You have a one of a kind setup.

I did not dyno it john did on his dyno. I don't really care what it did then as I do now. The ssr hasbnot been on the dyno yet to tune her where she needs to be.

Yep. If its Johns dyno he's not lying.... It really did "make" those numbers. I bet it only does 650 on a different dyno though.

Ok forget what I said I guess I was trying to give as much info as I could but if its just going to lead the thread away from answers I was looking for I can fix or for ya. Thanks for looking hope to get some responces from people that have experience with the 551.

What do you not like about your current setup? to laggy, to hot, out of air???????

She will bury the pyro if I kept on it I want cool air.
I have a hellman intercooler on it which still does not keep the temps I want. So yes I need more air
Also it might not of had this setup on it when it did dyno. This is what is is now. I know for sure that its no high horse truck right now. Spool up is pretty damn quick

I would look into an S300/S400 setup. There wasn't enough info and feedback on the VGT' setups to make me happy with the switch to one.

Yeah I agree.
The only thing that made me think of it was a buddy of mine one of his customers wanted like 900 horse on a vp truck. Well that goal is a little out there and he wanted to run a 451 with fleeces unit. So after seeing how well that 451 went with that monster pump and 7x.014s I was interested. Then found a 551 cheap locally and I'm weighing the options ya know

Back