554.9 hp on a 6.7l

kmkdiesel

Finally got my truck back on the rollers today and did about 30 runs and highest hp was 554.9 at 3200 rpms and highest torque was 1121.8 at 2197 rpms and did a consitent 530's and 1070's. I do believe it is the highest horse power 6.7 so far. I will get the graphs up as soon as find some one with a scanner.

WOW, that's sweet! I'm so curious to see that early on HP/TQ curve with the VG turbo.

Was what with/without the DFP?

Think it's possible to put a "dump" on these trucks, so with a flick of a switch by-pass the DFP when "off road"?

JasonCzerak said:
WOW, that's sweet! I'm so curious to see that early on HP/TQ curve with the VG turbo.

Was what with/without the DFP?

Think it's possible to put a "dump" on these trucks, so with a flick of a switch by-pass the DFP when "off road"?

With the dpf I will try to find someone with a scanner and get the graphs posted up today.

He just downloaded a new software program that he was having trouble with but there was only like 2 guys that had dynoed before and they had put more mods on and did get more so its hard to tell if there still high. There was only one truck that seemed alittle to high but other then that the number were pretty reasonable for all the trucks and didnt seem to high.

kmkdiesel said:
He just downloaded a new software program that he was having trouble with but there was only like 2 guys that had dynoed before and they had put more mods on and did get more so its hard to tell if there still high. There was only one truck that seemed alittle to high but other then that the number were pretty reasonable for all the trucks and didnt seem to high.

was that one truck mine

JD WOP said:
was that one truck mine

Nope the red 05 quad cab I set up of my buddy. He was a consitent 611's with crazy larry with the torque managment and a boost fooler and straight piped. Seemed alittle high. What did you think of your numbers high/low dont have a clue.

Big Swole said:
Those #'s include you spraying the WATER/METH right???

What were the #2 only numbers??

Yes that was 50/50 mix of water/meth and without it was consitent around 490 hp depends on the settings I had it on. Sometimes the water/meth would get me 50 hp more and sometimes it dropped me. I got it set up as close as I could with consitent runs of around 535 hp. Everytime I put to much dropped down pretty good. I am not getting enough boost out of it yet to benifit from the water/meth alot yet. Max boost is about 26/27 psi.

kmkdiesel said:
Nope the red 05 quad cab I set up of my buddy. He was a consitent 611's with crazy larry with the torque managment and a boost fooler and straight piped. Seemed alittle high. What did you think of your numbers high/low dont have a clue.

thought it was high how much dont know dyno are either low or high it seems

we ran the wifes truck the same day and was no more than .5 max hp differance on the same setting the torque did vary some no more than 5lbs thoughthis over the 5 runs i did in this setting i think the dyno did a good job

I think that dyno is a consistent 50-60hp high, thats just my opinion. I'm not trying to stir the pot, I just don't think the numbers it gave on my truck were correct.

There is no way my 7.3L with gt-38r turbo and mini me injectors is making 530hp. I also find it hard to believe that the other 7.3L that ran was making 400hp with stock turbo and stock injectors.

I also have a hard time believing that red common rail did 611 with nothing but a crazy larry, stock turbo and stock intake.

JD WOP, you haven't made any changes since you dynoed on Maddogs dyno, right? And you were right at 700 on his dyno? And you made 776 on this one...

One thing to consider with the correction factor and stuff they might be high. But still the red cr that got actually 619 on the 2nd run that got erased when h had problems with the dyno take off 60 hp and thats still 559 hp which does still seem high, but the truck had to have other mods that I am not aware of. Rockinjw I heard you had like 14 k in your motor, what was said at the dyno. I dont know if its true or not, but if I had 14k in my motor I would be pissed if I wasnt getting at least 1000 hp. But that truck does run strong.Even if 50 high I still havent seen a 6.7 with in 50 horse of that. 100% 6.7 anyways

I did have a set of billet connecting rods, headstuds, and the valvetrain done. But there isn't anywhere near 14k invested in it.

I'm in no way trying to discredit your numbers, the truck seemed to run really strong. Along with the common rail 5.9, it sounded awesome during those runs. I'm just saying that I'm almost 100% confident my truck isn't making the 530hp that dyno says I am.

Last edited:
Back