5k gsk

12vcummins96

lovin those huffers
ok guys been thinking about going to a 5k kit
i want pros and cons
and before anyone asks i already have valvesprings and an ati balancer so im covered in that retrospec
this truck is mainly a dd

pros: you can sweep a tach farther

cons: why do you want 5k on a mainly DD truck? what are your current power levels/goals?

There is more involved than rpm. I have found the CDS 5k set I run to be the most enjoyable to drive but everyone will have their own opinion depending on how sensitive they like their throttle to be, the dampening each set allows, etc.

Ive been thinking about a 5k kit also. Its a real downer when the govenor hits at 3800rpm LOL

ive got my 4ks tightened 3 clicks over stock now but it will only fuel to 3800 but what i have heard is that they fuel harder down low and that is what entices me

Can't know without trying! Just do it lol

There is more involved than rpm. I have found the CDS 5k set I run to be the most enjoyable to drive but everyone will have their own opinion depending on how sensitive they like their throttle to be, the dampening each set allows, etc.

yup. when i pulled my CDS 5k for a 4k i was sadly disappointed. next 12v i own will only have a CDS 5k.

Garrett

Back