5r110 tranny issues ?

snowbound

Just changed to a powermax turbo on my 03 6.0. Since it went on I've had a delay in trans engagement going into drive or reverse. Nothing harsh , just several seconds before it engages. Shifting is normal around town. With a boat behind , especially on hills , it will not downshift when it starts working. It will start to build boost to about 14 then it will bark and boost will drop to 10ish and do it again. If I put my foot in it , it boosts fine , but when it upshifts it does the boost dump thing again. Does it on all tunes and stock . Converter is a no name aftermarket billet triple with low stall. It has always sucked for towing. Will putting my stock converter back in help ? Or do I have other issues ? Thanks.

delay from switching gears ( reverse to drive) is usually a solenoid in the valve body or a wiring harness issue in the valve body

Coincidence it started right after turbo swap ? Could I have unplugged something? It ran fine after egr delete, oil cooler and reg return install. Then Vgt ss packed it in. Programming should work with the new turbo , correct ?

Last edited:
Your direct clutches are wore pretty good. Causes the delay.

From my smart car.

What's the cost of a rebuild there ? Can't afford to go NADP for $5k

Disconnected batteries for 10 minutes and the engagement delay went away. Does anyone have an opinion on the low stall noname converter for towing or general performance ? Should i put my stocker back in , its been sitting for 3 years but has been full of oil , capped and stored in a box.

No it wasn't. Sent an email to Vivian through the company website and never heard back. Tunes were for my Vgt SS , would they be much different ?

Probably not the whole problem, but a lot of folks, including myself, have needed proper tuning of the PM for best results.

I'll try harder to contact her. Gonna change filters and direct solenoid and fresh oil to see if that helps.

Back