5x.18 Injector supporting mods

700 sportsman

Hey guys, I currently just have a stock lift pump with a drawstraw. I have my pump pretty close to maxed out and a 4k gov. spring, and the 60mm GDS upgrade to my stock H1C, and headstuds. I haven't messed with the timing yet.

So, will I have enough fuel to supply these 5x.18's without an air dog? and also will I be able to run these for a short time until I can get a 64 or 68mm turbo without being too hot?

Any other input on the optimum setup with these injectors would be appreciated too

Tyler

I would agree definitely install both together and as far as an aftermarket lift pump goes it is money well spent with the fuel you will be getting.

With the mods in my signature i can maintain 5psi with the KSB switch on and ~7psi with it off. Never tired it with the stock lift pump but I'd be willing to bet it wouldn't keep up with these injectors.

For comparison when i had stock injectors and turbo but all other mods as now it would maintain 12psi fuel pressure. So just by changing to the 5x.018's it cut my fuel pressure by more than half.

With the mods in my signature i can maintain 5psi with the KSB switch on and ~7psi with it off. Never tired it with the stock lift pump but I'd be willing to bet it wouldn't keep up with these injectors.

For comparison when i had stock injectors and turbo but all other mods as now it would maintain 12psi fuel pressure. So just by changing to the 5x.018's it cut my fuel pressure by more than half.

I could drag my truck down to 2psi when I had 5x14s......hey, how do you like those 5x18s? You're one of the few first gen guys I know who is running them.

I could drag my truck down to 2psi when I had 5x14s......hey, how do you like those 5x18s? You're one of the few first gen guys I know who is running them.

They're smokey as hell with my charger. Its got a pretty large turbine wheel but even after its spooled there's a pretty thick haze. It needs *nx* Other than the smoke though it makes awesome power.

I'd like to try a different turbo with them and try to find a tighter AFC spring. I've got all the pre-boost fueling backed all the way out and a stock fuel pin, even with all that it's still a smokey bastard.

I also don't have the first gauge on the thing so i couldn't tell you a damn thing as far as boost or EGT goes

Other than the smoke though it makes awesome power.

I also don't have the first gauge on the thing so i couldn't tell you a damn thing as far as boost or EGT goes

Sounds fun! I figure as long as I am in it for less than 10 seconds it is probably OK, no matter how hot it gets. With big injectors the smoke is unreal, this clip was with 6x16s and a 14mm pump.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKscUjeBmIo"]1989 Dodge diesel dyno - YouTube[/ame]

Back