6.0 egr cooler replacement finished now questions.

stackx2

The company I'm working at has two 6.0 fords and the egr coolers both went out a week apart, so I ordered a bulletproof diesel egr cooler for them. Yesterday I tore apart the 05 we have and replaced the cooler (I didn't do the oil cooler because they didn't want to pay) and got it all back together and it wouldn't start. So I did some reading and found that you have to crank the engine for a while, I did that and it eventually started but would act like it was missing on one cylinder. Some one told me to take it down a long road foot to the floor and it would eventually clear out. I took it out for about a 20 mile drive and it was like it was in limp mode, it was super slow and never got above 45mph. In neutral it will rev up to 3k no problem but still misses in the idle range. I let it sit over night and now it won't start again. Any ideas? I got to get this thing back in the field. Thanks in advance! John

Either buy a good scan tool that streams high speed data and has bi-directional control or take it to the dealer.

Playing russian roulette with expensive parts is not cool.

Well I'll probably take it to the dealer I guess. I've got an otc genesis on the way but won't be here for a couple of weeks. I got it started this morning and saw I missed a hose from the intake manifold to a sensor I'm not sure which sensor but it gets up to 55mph and still climbing now, but still runs really rough at idle and VERY slow acceleration. It sounds like a tractor at idle.

Well we got it running it ended up being a loose connector on the FICM. stupid little issues like that piss me off

Ya it went up to a sensor in the pass. side of the engine bay.

Back