6.0 excessive blue smoke

homer97cummins

A buddy of mine has an 06 6.0 which is completely stock but when he starts it up it has excessive blue smoke until its warm and its always laggy. I was thinking its maybe an injector going out but idk any info would be greatly appreciated thanks

Over the phone (or over the internet) diagnostics on a 6.0L are very sketchy at best. Find someone with a scan tool that has bidirectional controls that's capable of reading 6.0 data and is familiar with the 6.0 failures and have them diagnose it. Money spent on proper diagnostics is worth it's weight in gold.
If you really want I can tell you which parts to start swapping and by the time you find the problem you'll have a new engine..guessing is a fools game.

I checked ShopKey real quick and some cheap things you could check is a restricted intake or exhaust.. But beyond that, it's a guessing game.. Good luck

I'm not doing any work to it I was just wondering if it was worth the money on him having it scanned bcuz it jus pukes blue smoke when its cold. But when its warmed upit runs fine except for the laggyness. I just wanted to check and see what you guys thought

I would have to guess he has an injecter or two headed south. Same symptom mine had when there were two bad injecters.

Edit: Falls on it's face on acceleration, misses badly until it warms up?

Last edited:
Its runs rough sometimes but it always pukes blue smoke until warm and no matter if its warm or cold its real laggy from a stop or roll ...thanks for the inf

Back