6.0 FICM voltage?

Rodriguez72

Hey guys I have a 06 6.0L ford f-350 100k miles on its hard starting, rite now it basically won't even, I new to fords so bare with me please. Im trying to find values to see what the problem is, so heres a few tell me if u guys see anything funky

Key in on position
FICMLPWR (V) 12.5
FICMMPWR (V) 48.0
When I crank the voltage drops but battery are getting low because customer killed them completely, I'm charging them.
ICP PRESS is 1900 psi when cranking
IPR (%) 15 with key on and cranking goes from 50-85

Like i said I'm new so any help would be appreciated

Also when I turn the key on it wants to start but dies, puffs white smoke, fuel filters been changed

i would start with new batteries. was there any new work done to the engine. all your values look good but if you dont have good bat volts its hard to start these engines.

Second the batteries. Once you get them charged, perform the ficm voltage test again. Then let's go from there.

Puffs white smoke... Your Glow Plugs are not working correctly

6.0l glow plug issues are virtually non existent. He has a FICM issue.

How old are the batteries? If they are more than 4 years old I would just replace them. Bad batteries will kill a FICM in no time

The batteries were just replaced 2 months ago by the dealership, I've had them on a trickle charge over night, when I crank the motor over what's the minimum voltage drop I should see on the FICM? Thanks guys

you know a trickle charger wont charge batteries all a trickle charger does is maintain a full charge on good batteries, but yeah if you drop down around 45-46v on the FICM then i would be replacing it.

[ame="http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa236/DrQuad/FICM/"]FICM pictures by DrQuad - Photobucket[/ame]

Ok guys truck battery's got them fully charged, kept the truck plugged in over night, came cranked for a few seconds it fired FICMMPWR(V) when idling to 25v truck will run for a bit then just shuts off. Sounds like we got a bad one. So where to go to get a good one guys? Also cutover has a Edge chip on this, anything I need to know as far as it goes and the FICM? Thanks guys

Ok guys truck battery's got them fully charged, kept the truck plugged in over night, came cranked for a few seconds it fired FICMMPWR(V) when idling to 25v truck will run for a bit then just shuts off. Sounds like we got a bad one. So where to go to get a good one guys? Also cutover has a Edge chip on this, anything I need to know as far as it goes and the FICM? Thanks guys

In some case the FICM can be repaired. 25volts is pretty low. There could be damaged components inside. If that is the case it could be game over...

In some case the FICM can be repaired. 25volts is pretty low. There could be damaged components inside. If that is the case it could be game over...

So best just to get a new one from the dealership then? Or do u know a place that sales them for better?

if you have any ability or skill i should say, it is worth trying to repair it yourself. The first one i repaired took a while and i was scared lol. The second one took 30min max, and came out beautifull :D. Where you located?? Id help ya, or there is a thread on it somewhere.

So best just to get a new one from the dealership then? Or do u know a place that sales them for better?

Well the last itme I looked for one I was quoted around $800.00 from the dealer. It also has to be programmed so I don't think it is as easy as getting one from some one else and just slapping it in.

The hardest part about the repair is cleaning all the goopy out of the way. Give it a shot, you really have nothing to lose.

if you have any ability or skill i should say, it is worth trying to repair it yourself. The first one i repaired took a while and i was scared lol. The second one took 30min max, and came out beautifull :D. Where you located?? Id help ya, or there is a thread on it somewhere.

I'm located in Boise, IDAHO.. I'm sure I can repair it :) I just didn't know if there was a place that rebuilt them and took my core etc.

[/QUOTE]
Well the last itme I looked for one I was quoted around $800.00 from the dealer. It also has to be programmed so I don't think it is as easy as getting one from some one else and just slapping it in.

Code:
The hardest part about the repair is cleaning all the goopy out of the way.
Give it a shot, you really have nothing to lose.

True, i almost ruined the first FICM by doing that ( using heat). Second one i just gently cut the stuff out in sections with a razor knife and it comes right off. I was gentle though... But anyway, well worth trying b4 spending that kinda money i think..

Last edited:

True, i almost ruined the first FICM by doing that ( using heat). Second one i just gently cut the stuff out in sections with a razor knife and it comes right off. I was gentle though... But anyway, well worth trying b4 spending that kinda money i think..[/QUOTE]

Guess i got nothing to loose ;)

True, i almost ruined the first FICM by doing that ( using heat). Second one i just gently cut the stuff out in sections with a razor knife and it comes right off. I was gentle though... But anyway, well worth trying b4 spending that kinda money i think..[/QUOTE]

I was told a hot screw driver or butter knife is the key. Of course I was told this after I had done my first one...:nail:

I'm located in Boise, IDAHO.. I'm sure I can repair it :) I just didn't know if there was a place that rebuilt them and took my core etc.

Swamps diesel, bulletproof diesel both repair FICMs. Swamps can upgrade it to put out 58v and put a tune on it.

Still cheaper than a new one from the dealer.

Back