6.0 Headstuds!!! Whats all needed to do arp studs?!?!?

6.0stroker250

Hey im putting in the arp head studs in my 6.0 this spring! obviously ill need the studs! but what about gaskets???
Also is there anything else ill need?

We always install new intake gaskets, injector o-rings etc. etc. It's also a good time to delete the egr cooler and update the engine oil cooler.

The egr is deleted!!! i will probably do new gaskets to! and injector o rings
dont know about a new oil cooler though im going to wyotech in pennsylvania so i only got so much i can spend.....

There are complete kits available online now that have literally everything you'll need for parts. I always buy the parts kits and have a machine shop check/repair the heads.

Last edited:
update you stc fitting, depending on the year of your truck of course

05 and 06 have a fitting called snap to connect on the hpop that is known to fail. Ford has an updated part to replace these. You might as well change it out while you have the cab off.

I have a brand new set of black onyx head gaskets 20m dowel that im gettin rid of. shoot me an offer

Alright well i gata price all this stuff out finding out im gana need more and more parts......
and dont wanna spend so much since im going to wyotech full time

Will i be good with getting of course arp head studs....18mm black onyx head gaskets...new exhaust gaskets....Intake gaskets.....and maybe injector o ring seals????
And also an stc fittin for hpop

you can get a complete kit with a new oil cooler for 1099$

mkmcustoms.com sells a complete kit with everything except the hpop fitting. If you have an 05 then you need the 20 mm dowels I think. I'm currently finishing up an 04 and it had 18's.

05 have both. depending on what month it was made. have seen them with the 18mm and the 20mm. and 05 and up you will need a downloader like sct to keep the check engine off.

K i got till april to price everything out thanks guys!
and how the heck can ya do it with out lifting the cab?!?!?!?

There's a couple ways. You can remove the a/c box on the firewall, you can remove the engine which is what i do.............and there's a way to do it without removing either but i've never done it. Apparently you slide the back bolts up until they're clear of the threads in the block and put a zip tie around the bolt to hold it up. Ive been told that you can rock the head off the dowels and move it towards the center on the engine...then go up and out. Don't quote me on that but I think that's how I read it. Then to put it back, you just reverse the whole operation. Sounds like it sucks. I found it easier to just take the engine out and do the work on the ground right in front of me, but like anything else...once you do it a few times one way, it's easier to stick with that. The first time is always the hardest. You'll get it though, just keep posting if you've got questions or pm me.

Back