6.0 I/C vs. Water/Meth Kit

for being a dealer or employee of banks you should know that I dont have an I/C in my OBS truck. (posted that earlier in my thread)

I'm aware of that. What you can use the above formulas for is seeing which one, water meth or intercooler, (or combination of the 2) would work best for your given combination. Being able to evaluate what changes you made can help your power output :D

I'm aware of that. What you can use the above formulas for is seeing which one, water meth or intercooler, (or combination of the 2) would work best for your given combination. Being able to evaluate what changes you made can help your power output :D

That is if I had a world of time and money... Im not goin to do all the fabricating for a intercooler, and put a water/meth kit on, just to see the difference, If i had that kind of money I might cause it would be a cool project/experiment...

That is if I had a world of time and money... Im not goin to do all the fabricating for a intercooler, and put a water/meth kit on, just to see the difference, If i had that kind of money I might cause it would be a cool project/experiment...

Whats wrong with you son?
Here's the part you missed. Someone was attempting to help you. Someone who most probably knows something. There was a small chance that something constructive may have come out of your thread. Hell he might even have been able to make a reccomendation or two to help.
I think you blew it.:rules:

It can still be worth it to you. Which ever route you go use the formulas above to see how it's working for you:D

Here's the part you missed. Someone was attempting to help you. Someone who most probably knows something. There was a small chance that something constructive may have come out of your thread. Hell he might even have been able to make a reccomendation or two to help.

No worries, I'm still here to help where I can:D:Cheer::Cheer:

From our engineering department:

How to evaluate/measure your intercooler:
CAC Delta T Hot- the amount of temperature drop through the intercooler
CAC Delta Hot=Inlet temp-Outlet temp

System Delta P- The amount of pressure drop from the compressor out to the intake manifold
Syetem Delta P= Compressor Outlet pressure-Intake Manifold pressure

CAC Effectiveness- The ability of the CAC to reduce temperature as compared to abient, expressed as a percentage
CAC EFFECTIVENESS = (CAC INLET TEMP – CAC OUTLET TEMP) / (CAC INLET TEMP – AMBIENT TEMP)*100

Density Recovery- Evaluation of the density of the air compared to ambient considering both temperature and pressure
DENSITY RECOVERY = (AMBIENT PRESS + INTAKE MANIFOLD PRESS) / (AMBIENT PRESS + COMPRESSOR OUTLET PRESS) * (CAC INLET TEMP / CAC OUTLET TEMP)

this is good info, I do see the benefit, as i see in the equation the reason my egts went up when i changed to the larger 6.0 IC during daily driving, but reduce drasticaly at speeds in access of 75 mph. however i dont really see it corelate to the average joe. obtaining the preassure and temp at their perspective points in this equation would be quite the process IMO.
thanks for sharing.

What? Were having a good conversation about i/c stuff and you jump in with this? get out please...

It can still be worth it to you. Which ever route you go use the formulas above to see how it's working for you:D

No worries, I'm still here to help where I can:D:Cheer::Cheer:

Ya i see what you mean man, but as most know on here, im in highschool and dont have money to throw at my truck as often as I would like =(

Today my oil plug at the back of the hpo rail blew the o-ring, started sprayin oil on my exhaust which sprayed it all over my under-carriage, thought it was my turbo at first, but luckily its a $6 fix instead of a $1500, lol

Easy on snedge there killer

Sounds like yer rig needs some love less mouth/keyboard words could get ya some hi quality help kwus oops (Know What Um Sayin)

Easy on snedge there killer

Sounds like yer rig needs some love less mouth/keyboard words could get ya some hi quality help kwus oops (Know What Um Sayin)

It is just that everyone dislike's me from the other thread's, and I would like to keep that out of my "technical" thread, where I actually have a viable question.

for being a dealer or employee of banks you should know that I dont have an I/C in my OBS truck. (posted that earlier in my thread)

What? Were having a good conversation about i/c stuff and you jump in with this? get out please...

Ya i see what you mean man, but as most know on here, im in highschool and dont have money to throw at my truck as often as I would like =(

Today my oil plug at the back of the hpo rail blew the o-ring, started sprayin oil on my exhaust which sprayed it all over my under-carriage, thought it was my turbo at first, but luckily its a $6 fix instead of a $1500, lol

It is just that everyone dislike's me from the other thread's, and I would like to keep that out of my "technical" thread, where I actually have a viable question.

I really wish you would quit being such a definsive douche nozzle. You pull the same $hit at the shop every day just pay attention and learn don't be such a smart ass. Try paying attention and listening when asking a fu*king question. You wonder why everyone "dislikes you" it is because you act like a complete globalcumguzzler instead of sitting back and learning. Please forgive him everyone he just can't help himself it must be in the cafeteria food at the schools around here.

Not everyone.
To say I dislike you would be incorrect. I don't know you.
Your word choice bothers me a little, your thought process is flawed, and you drive an International powered Ford. All faults yes, but I can not say honestly that I dislike you. :)

Take a breath and read Dan. It's a nice place. :rockwoot:

Back