6.0 trans cooler

slor1de

Anyone running a ford 6.0 trans cooler in or under the bed with a fan setup by itself, No other trans cooling. 1000hp street/drag/pull truck, no towing. Able to keep cool by itself?

I don't have mine under the bed, but i did replace my stock one with this in the grill. Definitely runs cooler now, there was some slight modifications i had to make to the lower rad support crossbar, but otherwise, it wasn't a bad install.

I don't have mine under the bed, but i did replace my stock one with this in the grill. Definitely runs cooler now, there was some slight modifications i had to make to the lower rad support crossbar, but otherwise, it wasn't a bad install.

This in a 2nd gen or 3rd gen? I’m curious on this mod for a 2nd gen that still retains the AC.

I want to do the same to my 96 12v . Add 6.0 cooler up front.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Im going from 03 6spd to fmvb47re. Like the size of the 6.0 cooler and have a dual fan setup that would work nice on it aswell, looks like it would fit under the bed nicely where a b&w would mount. Also have a bd single stack with fan new in the box. Thought about just getting a 2nd and going that route if the 6.0 setup is a no go.

This in a 2nd gen or 3rd gen? I’m curious on this mod for a 2nd gen that still retains the AC.

I want to do the same to my 96 12v . Add 6.0 cooler up front.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you have a standard 2nd gen bumper you can mount a 6.0 cooler between the AC condenser and intercooler, its a very tight fit but it's doable. With a sport bumper its too tight and you've gotta start cutting stuff to make it work. I ended up mounting the 6.0 cooler to the back side of my intercooler and shimmed the radiator back 1/4" on the top mounts, now it doesn't interfere with anything.

Back